The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Somalian Elephant, 2023 Empty Somalian Elephant, 2023

Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:32 pm
18 YEAR long series. 

WOW 

The Cat's Mother, Rod Panhard and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Somalian Elephant, 2023 Empty Re: Somalian Elephant, 2023

Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:05 pm
Thanks for the video  @Admin . Maybe you could get  @SilverTrader to give you German lessons  Somalian Elephant, 2023 1f63d  Somalian Elephant, 2023 1f63d .
It's a nice coin, but again, this is one of those never-ending series that carry on and on. And on. At least with the lunars you know you're only going to be in for a twelve year sentence. It's one of the reasons why I don't collect the 'generic' type coins. Mind you, at least the design changes from year to year: I can't get excited, or even mildly interested, in yet another Eagle/Maple/Philharmonic. The Libertads are nice, but you wouldn't want more than one.

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:41 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:Thanks for the video  @Admin . Maybe you could get  @SilverTrader to give you German lessons  Somalian Elephant, 2023 1f63d  Somalian Elephant, 2023 1f63d .
It's a nice coin, but again, this is one of those never-ending series that carry on and on. And on. At least with the lunars you know you're only going to be in for a twelve year sentence. It's one of the reasons why I don't collect the 'generic' type coins. Mind you, at least the design changes from year to year: I can't get excited, or even mildly interested, in yet another Eagle/Maple/Philharmonic. The Libertads are nice, but you wouldn't want more than one.

I know what you mean, which labels you more as a collector than a stacker. 
Within the Precious Metals community, there are a few types of people. They do cross over from time to time but for the most part WE all tend to be in one category mainly. 

Stacker - just buying for volume and weight. Coins and bars mainly
Collector - Buying what ever we like because we like it. 
Investor - Buying weight and collectable coins/bars to sell on for profit. 

The investor will not touch normally any poured silver or fancy arty stuff. Because the risk is too great. 
The stacker might grab some poured and collectable coins, but for the most part tries to remain emotionally detached. 
The collector will buy what ever they want, They will love and enjoy their collection, but has no real aim of selling it.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:56 am
Spot on @Admin ! I'm a magpie, and I love what I have. Somalian Elephant, 2023 1f63b

Admin likes this post

tray
tray

Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:12 pm
Yep I don't sell, I've even still got the early crappy ones that I don't even like.

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:21 pm
I am a gold stacker and a silver collector.

Admin, AceBullion and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:56 pm
tray wrote:Yep I don't sell, I've even still got the early crappy ones that  I don't even like.

lol! lol! lol! Do you know I read this and actually started to laugh and snort like a bull. 

LOL Honestly that was soo comical. 

@ArcaneCollector  I think that is a great place to be.
tray
tray

Somalian Elephant, 2023 Empty Collection

Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:27 pm
Admin wrote:
tray wrote:Yep I don't sell, I've even still got the early crappy ones that  I don't even like.

lol! lol! lol! Do you know I read this and actually started to laugh and snort like a bull. 

LOL Honestly that was soo comical. 

@ArcaneCollector  I think that is a great place to be.

I was looking for something the other day and I've even got some coins which were free in the paper about 30 years ago They are really bad nearly as bad as those Simpson coins
But then I've got some stunners and because for years I didn't really know what I wanted to collect. I collected all of it

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum