The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Fenrir Germania.. and its younger friend the Fafnir.. Empty Fenrir Germania.. and its younger friend the Fafnir..

Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:25 pm
This is a Premiere and will start in about 35 minutes.

Rod Panhard and denby like this post

denby
denby

Fenrir Germania.. and its younger friend the Fafnir.. Empty Re: Fenrir Germania.. and its younger friend the Fafnir..

Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:51 pm
How do we get from a £67 BU 2oz silver coin to a £350 BU 2oz coin overnight? Why is it not a PROOF?

It is a little bit mind bogling to the likes of me. Am I missing something here?

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fenrir Germania.. and its younger friend the Fafnir.. Empty Re: Fenrir Germania.. and its younger friend the Fafnir..

Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:56 pm
denby wrote:How do we get from a £67 BU 2oz silver coin to a £350 BU 2oz coin overnight?  Why is it not a PROOF?

It is a little bit mind bogling to the likes of me. Am I missing something here?

The Premire starts in less than 5 minutes Watch it... you will see. And FYI the older Fafnir is now over £800 to buy!

So tune in and watch.. it is about to start. Cool Cool Cool Cool

denby likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:08 pm
I was really happy that Germania Mint were there and were active in the live chat during the Premiere. It showed they are humans and care. And Martin was also there. That was super cool. I am on a bit of a high.

Rod Panhard and denby like this post

denby
denby

Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:53 pm
Hey, you forgot to mention that Denby was there too.

I checked the EU selling price for this coin, and today it is £603 each in stock, they call the coin antique finish rather than BU which Germania classifies it as on the COA.. So Martin, your price is amazing in this crazy market that we are currently in. Hyperinflation comes to mind, Govt debasing our currencies willy nilly to try to inflate away their debt, debt and more debt. Wait till we all get our digits from our Bank of England next year.

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:00 pm
Martin is a National Living Treasure  Fenrir Germania.. and its younger friend the Fafnir.. 1f63d.
I must report though that I recently received a parcel from a French firm of coin dealers. Inside a giftbox and scented tissue paper was a wooden display box tied in a beautiful satin ribbon. What an unboxing experience!  Fenrir Germania.. and its younger friend the Fafnir.. 1f63b . When I mentioned this to Martin, however, he indicated in his inimitable fashion that this was not an avenue that he saw himself going down. Jiffy bags it is then.  Fenrir Germania.. and its younger friend the Fafnir.. 1f639 .

Admin and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:53 pm
denby wrote:Hey, you forgot to mention that Denby was there too.

I checked the EU selling price for this coin, and today it is £603 each in stock, they call the coin antique finish rather than BU which Germania classifies it as on the COA.. So Martin, your price is amazing in this crazy market that we are currently in. Hyperinflation comes to mind, Govt debasing our currencies willy nilly to try to inflate away their debt, debt and more debt. Wait till we all get our digits from our Bank of England next year.

Were you really? I didn't see your name pop up bud.

I will watch the chat replay... Are you hitting the Enter key or is your broadband really that slow bud?

I might have missed you saying hi.... if I did I apologise 100% But in my defence right now, I am on A LOT of medication!
Cool

denby likes this post

denby
denby

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:43 pm
I was there as Denis and you gave me the last square on the football card, I was answering your questions before the others. Their answers were coming up on the screen before you even asked the questions. Talk about a zoom time delay, this was extraordinary. Will talk about it later on the phone, maybe tomorrow as I am going to choir now.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:49 pm
denby wrote:I was there as Denis and you gave me the last square on the football card, I was answering your questions before the others.  Their answers were coming up on the screen before you even asked the questions. Talk about a zoom time delay, this was extraordinary. Will talk about it later on the phone, maybe tomorrow as I am going to choir now.

@denby You were on the live chat relating to the giveaways, but I didn't see your name among the comments on the Fenrir video, which is what I think @Admin is talking about.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:05 pm
I know what happened....

I doubt it was lag... I bet you hit the screen somehow and it re-winded... or how ever you want to call it... but it was either extreme LAG or you hit the play button and had a time delay.

PS we are talking about the video above, you didn't attend this one. This did not have questions, It did have the Germania Mint giving us clues about a NEW coin... or STYLE!
And it also had Martin ( Silver Trader ) Plus a great bunch of people chatting during the premiere
denby
denby

Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:00 pm
Yes I was on the 11th giveaway yesterday and I was on live with Martin and Germania today as Denis. I joined ACEBULLION 3 days ago through Google. Both shows were great for me, It was the IT I didn't like.  All of our local politicians say they are improving our broadband for the last 12 years or so.  I buy superfast broadband from talk talk. My laptop is new a Mini THINKPAD. Superfast compared to my 12 year old Toshiba which died in June this year. But no matter I am happy. The forum knows that I am a luddite married to a dinosaur as far as tech goes. RodPanhard taught me how to use my 2005 PayPal account for selling stuff, I thought it only did buying stuff from EBAY for the last 17 years, so you can see what your dealing with here. .

Admin likes this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:08 am
denby wrote:How do we get from a £67 BU 2oz silver coin to a £350 BU 2oz coin overnight?  Why is it not a PROOF?

This is what puts me off a lot of the Germania Mint stuff, you can get red ones, blue ones, red and blue combined ones, gold ones, green ones, gold and green ones etc. It just looks like a massive cash grab by trying to manufacture as many limited editions as possible.

Admin and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:44 am
denby wrote:Yes I was on the 11th giveaway yesterday and I was on live with Martin and Germania today as Denis. I joined ACEBULLION 3 days ago through Google. Both shows were great for me, It was the IT I didn't like.  All of our local politicians say they are improving our broadband for the last 12 years or so.  I buy superfast broadband from talk talk. My laptop is new a Mini THINKPAD. Superfast compared to my 12 year old Toshiba which died in June this year. But no matter I am happy. The forum knows that I am a luddite married to a dinosaur as far as tech goes. RodPanhard taught me how to use my 2005 PayPal account for selling stuff, I thought it only did buying stuff from EBAY for the last 17 years, so you can see what your dealing with here. .

Denby, it is ok. I am actually glad that we are under a monopoly for our broadband. I think the only place apart from North Korea and China that are.

Kingston Communications do not allow others to join... well they kinda did but told them they would have to pay X amount. Which was and still is at the time a stupid amount of money. However our broadband ( fibre optic in my case ) is super fast and reliable. Sadly mobile phone signals are rubbish around here due to that very same issue. There are not enough cell towers near us. I am with Sky, which on a 4g contract one would expect super fast and reliable service. But out in the sticks. I get 2 or 3 bars of signal max. And that is on a good day.

@Rod Panhard I get what you are saying. that is why I only opted to buy this one piece which I had to collect. It was just awesome and in my opinion yes a cash grab. The UV light is £3 worth max. The wood and Acrylic stand about £10 max with the laser engraving on it. And the coin. Well that is another kettle of fish. 2 oz ok... say £100 add the by hand details that they do. £50 all in with packaging well under £200 but then VAT and dealers fees and their profit. I do get what your saying. It is a cash grab but they do a fantastic job on what they do. Unlike the Royal Mint who will send you a proof with scratches, or silver that milks up on the way to you.

The Cat's Mother, Rod Panhard and denby like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum