The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
SanMarino
SanMarino

Premier League is back!  Empty Premier League is back!

Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:14 pm
I couldn’t be less excited as an Everton fan.

I can see Wolves with their new manager beating us on Boxing Day,

Everton need another 3 players out and 4 in if they want to avoid relegation before the 2nd last game again.

The problem they are having with sales is the same for the past 3 years, average or below average players on massive wages are not sought after.

Rumour has it they paid Solomon Rondon 5 months of his remaining 6 months in wages to leave early.

You just know Dele Ali will be back in the summer on his huge wage as the Turkish club Besiktas have made clear they don’t want him.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Premier League is back!  Empty Re: Premier League is back!

Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:07 pm
I do hope that somebody understands this lol! lol! lol!

ArcaneCollector and SanMarino like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:27 pm
Apparently football is a game where men are in two teams. The one side spends a lot of time kicking a ball back and forth to each other and occasionally the other team get the ball, and then they kick it each other. Fans love all this kicking. Every now and then they will cheer at a particularly good kick. The ball kicking continues, usually for about an hour, and then someone might kick the ball into the other teams goal. This results in much celebration and idiotic antics, and then the kicking resumes until the ref calls time. It’s similar in a sense to other pastimes such as watching paint dry or queuing at the post office. Especially if you are an Everton fan.

The Cat's Mother and SanMarino like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:15 pm
Hahaha , I can’t disagree with any of your post.
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:17 pm
SanMarino wrote:Hahaha , I can’t disagree with any of your post.

Phew! I was just about to delete it as I thought I was being too mean! As a test cricket fan, I have no right to call football boring!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:35 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:
SanMarino wrote:Hahaha , I can’t disagree with any of your post.

Phew! I was just about to delete it as I thought I was being too mean! As a test cricket fan, I have no right to call football boring!

Dead right! TCF is also a Test cricket fan, and can't quite understand why I find drying paint fascinating in comparison. He is a Yorkshireman though, and I think it counts as a religious obligation.
SanMarino
SanMarino

Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:25 pm
I don’t mind cricket, I went to a game this year Lancashire Vs Durham in Blackpool, the T20.

It was a fabulous experience right up until it rained in the middle of summer and Durham had only completed 14 overs with Lancashire still to bat.
It ended up being called off but because a certain number of overs had been played no refund!

I will definitely go again, it’s far more enjoyable than the England Vs Australia ashes game I went to that despite the hype and big crowd it was a bit boring as there were only 4 wickets all day and one of the teams wanted a draw.

Back to football, Everton lost as expected ! 😥

Only the small task of Manchester City away on New Year’s Eve up next.

A new manager and some new players desperately needed to avoid relegation; I’ve never known a manager to get so little scrutiny despite having a dreadful record and 2 transfer windows.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum