The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Website being spammy? Empty Website being spammy?

Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:53 am
I am asking if ANYONE is having a problem with SPAM on this forum?

I ask this because in feedback someone stated this forum is a bit spammy. They shown a picture and it was indeed spam.

I know and am working on removing the Suggested articles ( spam ) that comes out once a month.

But if your logged in no one should receive spam and if you are please let me know.

The Cat's Mother and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Website being spammy? Empty Re: Website being spammy?

Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:17 am
I haven't had that problem, but I'm always logged in.
The only hiccup I am currently experiencing is with the Twemoji emojis, the ones with the several cat's faces that I like to use to adorn my posts. Occasionally the button works but more often the box outline drops down with nothing in it. More rarely nothing happens at all. I use a laptop, and the issue occurs irrespective of whether I am using the slide pad or my mouse. The emoticons work fine.

Admin and denby like this post

denby
denby

Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:40 pm
Why don't we have a heart on the emoticons?

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:14 pm
denby wrote:Why don't we have a heart on the emoticons?

I am working on adding emoticons. I will have to buy another bundle and get it to work with the forum.

@The Cat's Mother that is very odd. I will look into it.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:41 pm
denby wrote:Why don't we have a heart on the emoticons?

We do: I love you

Admin, denby and Bondie like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:33 pm
I think they want a Red heart or Blue heart.... similar to text and other devices used. And I fully understand and agree.. I am looking at where to buy them from.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:21 pm
Website being spammy? 2764  Website being spammy? 1f499  Website being spammy? 1f49a  Website being spammy? 1f49b  Website being spammy? 1f49c  Website being spammy? 1f497  Website being spammy? 1f496

And several others, all on the Twemoji button (it worked for me just now, the Gremlins must be on their tea break) @Admin and @denby .

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:15 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Website being spammy? 2764  Website being spammy? 1f499  Website being spammy? 1f49a  Website being spammy? 1f49b  Website being spammy? 1f49c  Website being spammy? 1f497  Website being spammy? 1f496

And several others, all on the Twemoji button (it worked for me just now, the Gremlins must be on their tea break)  @Admin and  @denby .
Please give some insite and tell us how and what you did.

I am looking into it from another perspective.... so this is a great fix for now.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:00 pm
At the top of the quick reply box there are lines of symbols. The upper, longer, line begins with the buttons for bold, italic, underlining etc. The lower, shorter, line begins with an @, and continues with a bright yellow smiley face and a duller yellow smiley face. The bright face is the emoticons with the moving pictures. The duller face is the Twemojis and it's that one that contains the hearts and all the sundry cats' faces. (It also is once again not working for me just now). These lines of symbols don't show when the message is posted, only when it's being written.

AceBullion likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum