The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
SanMarino
SanMarino

King Charles coins  Empty King Charles coins

Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:38 pm
Nothing against Charles, but the new 50p which have started circulating featuring his face, let’s just say they don’t add to the beauty of the coin.

When they start minting Charles Brittanias I will probably stop collecting them each year.

Just doesn’t look as good with his head on!

Admin and barnsaby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

King Charles coins  Empty Re: King Charles coins

Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:25 pm
SanMarino wrote:Nothing against Charles, but the new 50p which have started circulating featuring his face, let’s just say they don’t add to the beauty of the coin.

When they start minting Charles Brittanias I will probably stop collecting them each year.

Just doesn’t look as good with his head on!

The minting has begun  @SanMarino and Silver Trader has them in stock (with a quality control disclaimer, and just see  @Admin 's video). You're right, the portrait isn't exactly a thing of beauty. I did get one since it was the first of the new reign, but got a couple of the QEII versions too, all dated 2023. End of an era!

Admin, denby and Bondie like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:29 pm
I'm grudgingly getting the Charles Britannias purely because I want to keep my date run going. The ones I was thinking about recently were the Oriental Britannias which I don't have and look to only cover 2018 / 2019 and 2020 there do not appear to be any after this. So should these be included in a Britannia date run or not?

Admin and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:34 pm
The three oriental border Britannias were the only ones I bought, apart from these last ones and the Britannia Chariot from 2017. From my perspective, which I fully accept is unique to me, I don't want to get caught up in a generic date run because it's impossible to stop.

Admin likes this post

Faiz
Faiz

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:26 pm
I don’t know if it’s the face turning on the coin, but it does look a little off. Just not used to seeing the monarch facing to the right. The poor guy, he did have to wait until his 70’s to become king.

Admin and Bondie like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:29 pm
Rod Panhard, I think 2023 Elizabeth 2 will be my last Britannia, seems a good enough reason to stop and move on to something else.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:45 pm
Faiz wrote:I don’t know if it’s the face turning on the coin, but it does look a little off. Just not used to seeing the monarch facing to the right. The poor guy, he did have to wait until his 70’s to become king.
You young folks. Those of us old enough to remember pre-decimal currency remember the monarch's face changing: kings face left and queens face right. And, yes, we did spend Edward VII and George V coins, although Victoria was a bit of a rarity.

Admin and Faiz like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:45 pm
As I was buying the new kookaburra, I picked up a couple new King Charles Britannias too. I think I got the X-Men edition as Wolverine has left some scratches across the King’s face. Thanks Royal Mint.

Admin, The Cat's Mother, Rod Panhard, denby, Bondie and Faiz like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:52 pm

denby, ArcaneCollector and Faiz like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum