The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Bondie
Bondie

How to find older topics? Empty How to find older topics?

Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:32 pm
Hello everyone,

I hope you're having a great day.

Please can you help this newbie? I'm still finding my way around the site, and can't figure out how to locate older topics/posts. I can see on the right sidebar a list of Latest Topics, but I can't seem to find older ones.

I'll be grateful for any help offered.

Thank you!

Bondie Smile
tray
tray

How to find older topics? Empty Re: How to find older topics?

Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:11 pm
Bondie wrote:Hello everyone,

I hope you're having a great day.

Please can you help this newbie? I'm still finding my way around the site, and can't figure out how to locate older topics/posts. I can see on the right sidebar a list of Latest Topics, but I can't seem to find older ones.

I'll be grateful for any help offered.

Thank you!

Bondie Smile

Hi if you go into home your see list of different topics. We do seem to cover everything

Bondie likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:17 pm
Hello @Bondie , pleased to meet you.
You have raised a very good point. There isn't a central index, but if you start on the home page and go down the list of topics shown within the boxes under the solid blue headings (I'm sorry to be so imprecise, but it looks clearer on site), then click on the individual headings within those boxes, eg 'Welcome', 'Rules' and 'Giveaway' under 'WELCOME', then a list of all the topics posted under that heading will unfurl before your eyes. You can then either binge watch or pick and choose.
There's also a search button at the very top of the page on the left, so you can search against particular issues. I have found it to be not terribly helpful, but you never know your luck.
If you are trying to trace one of your own posts, and can't remember where you posted it, you can look in your profile under 'statistics' and hit 'all messages posted by (in your case) Bondie. They will all appear and you can spend happy hours looking and if you're anything like me, realising with increasing horror what you've done. You may be able to do the same with other members' profiles. I can, but I don't know whether that's because I have moderator's magic powers.
Also, searching generally isn't helped by members (including me for sure) posting similar topics under various headings.
This is possibly not as much help as you had hoped.

Bondie likes this post

Bondie
Bondie

Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:32 pm
Thank you @tray and @The Cat's Mother - that is helpful! I will persevere Very Happy
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum