The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver?

+6
MisterNoName
ArcaneCollector
denby
SanMarino
AceBullion
21C Bullion
10 posters
Go down
21C Bullion
21C Bullion
https://www.youtube.com/@bullion-finance/videos

What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver? Empty What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver?

Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:36 pm
I once got a 2015 Britannia coin for £10.00 on eBay, -3.38% below spot (on 15/06/15 spot was £10.35), but I did use a PayPal £10 voucher to achieve this discount.

A more legit example was a 1987 American Eagle for £22.50, 19.49% above spot (on 21/02/13 spot was £18.83), from a local coin dealer.

Above examples include VAT & delivery

AceBullion, denby, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver? Empty Re: What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver?

Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:25 pm
Spot....

denby, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver? Empty Re: What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver?

Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:11 pm
I’ve been fortunate to get below spot a few times but it’s rare.

Looking back I mainly pay 10 - 20% above spot, the odd time as much as 50% above spot for the odd coin I really wanted.

It’s very hard to buy silver near spot price unless your buying silver in industrial size bars

Right now I want a 2023 5oz Armenia Noah’s ark but I’m looking at paying 60% over spot, which is insane so no purchase yet.

AceBullion, denby, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:16 pm
SanMarino wrote:I’ve been fortunate to get below spot a few times but it’s rare.

Looking back I mainly pay 10 - 20% above spot, the odd time as much as 50% above spot for the odd coin I really wanted.

It’s very hard to buy silver near spot price unless your buying silver in industrial size bars

Right now I want a 2023 5oz Armenia Noah’s ark but I’m looking at paying 60% over spot, which is insane so no purchase yet.

Outch. The prices we pay for the things we want.

denby, SanMarino, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:25 pm
Indeed, but I’m going to wait until 2024 when the 2023 coins will be less desirable.

I’ve been watching the prince Charles 1oz Britannia’s on eBay recently, most are selling for £35 plus including postage, Madness

AceBullion, denby, MisterNoName, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

denby
denby

Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:00 pm
I can do you a 2023 brit KCIII looking at 2023 brit QEII ie Mummy for £54. You pay your own postage, UK only. A bit better than eBay.

What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver? Img_2411

Last edited by denby on Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add picture)

Admin, AceBullion, SanMarino, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:50 pm
Just had a look at my spreadsheet. Best silver I’ve bought was at 43% premium over spot and the worst was 252% for a rare coin. But I don’t think spot carries much weight for silver, where the value is driven by demand and desirability.

Admin, AceBullion, denby, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

21C Bullion
21C Bullion

Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:55 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Just had a look at my spreadsheet. Best silver I’ve bought was at 43% premium over spot and the worst was 252% for a rare coin. But I don’t think spot carries much weight for silver, where the value is driven by demand and desirability.

I wish I bought more in late 2015; Spot went below £10 an ounce so many times

Admin, denby, ArcaneCollector and 21C Bullion like this post

MisterNoName
MisterNoName

Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:24 am
Where do you all manage to buy below or at spot?

ArcaneCollector wrote:Just had a look at my spreadsheet. Best silver I’ve bought was at 43% premium over spot and the worst was 252% for a rare coin. But I don’t think spot carries much weight for silver, where the value is driven by demand and desirability.

Do you know where I am find a template for this spreadsheet?

Admin and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:23 am
MisterNoName wrote:Where do you all manage to buy below or at spot?

Do you know where I am find a template for this spreadsheet?

1) you make up your own spreadsheet with what you want.
Examples of collums you might want to have.
Price paid Date Where bought OZ Metal spot on the day Metal (ie gold silver etc ) Name ( ie queens beast )

you can make your spread sheets anything that you want and store them on your pc. it is just a case of updating it every time you buy something. I am long and well and truly trying to back track now. I would not be able to get off my chair until next year.

denby, MisterNoName and Bondie like this post

tray
tray

Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:02 pm
I'm too lazy for spread sheets I did one years ago and the always forgot to update it. Funny I could do it for banknotes just not coins. I think it was cus I had too many coming in (I've slowed down now) I got a book off Amazon it's very good What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver? 16803410

Admin, Rod Panhard, denby, MisterNoName and Bondie like this post

denby
denby

Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:18 pm
As I am still a luddite, I keep my inventory in a red book which I update in pen daily, in and out of stock.

All of my systems, customer lists, accounts etc still done by hand.

Admin and Bondie like this post

Bondie
Bondie

Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:32 pm
@Admin , is there a site to find retrospective spot prices? Thank you study

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:04 pm
Bondie wrote:@Admin , is there a site to find retrospective spot prices? Thank you study

I can not and have never found one. Which is a shame.

Bondie likes this post

21C Bullion
21C Bullion

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:07 pm
Bondie wrote:@Admin , is there a site to find retrospective spot prices? Thank you study

I use the Bullion by Post graphs to get a rough idea of what the historical spot price was:
https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-history/

Admin, denby, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

tray
tray

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:14 pm
I use them for gold, always good service and fast delivery

Bondie
Bondie

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:59 pm
That is a great shame  @Admin It would have been very useful Crying or Very sad

Scrap that!  @21C Bullion’s link is brilliant!! Thanks 21C  What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver? 1f603

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:59 pm
Bondie wrote:That is a great shame  @Admin It would have been very useful Crying or Very sad

Scrap that!  @21C Bullion’s link is brilliant!! Thanks 21C  What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver? 1f603

Perhaps setting a archive on the forum. hmmm

This way we can gather information on coins and the mods and or myself can update a long list. We can separate it into categories ... IE NZM Royal Mint, Canadian Mint, Perth Mint etc and upon release we can have the average prices listed... so in a year or two to come we can all look back and be like OMG

denby and Bondie like this post

denby
denby

Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:02 pm
Big job for someone.

Admin and Bondie like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:05 pm
denby wrote:Big job for someone.

It is @denby

Might have to get a " Special " helper just to be in charge of that section only.

I would think it would be the most common coins, not every single state of the art coin that power coin sells for instance. but then again why not?

It could get interesting.

denby and Bondie like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:32 pm
tray wrote:I'm too lazy for spread sheets I did one years ago  and the always forgot to update it. Funny I could do it for banknotes just not coins. I think it was cus I had too many coming in (I've slowed down now)  I got a book off Amazon it's very good What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver? 16803410

I do a spreadheet, I just use Excel, it is easy to forget to update it though. This is a page from mine. I do like that book you have though.

What's the Lowest Premium you paid on silver? Bg4U8GW

Admin, denby, tray, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

21C Bullion
21C Bullion

Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:37 pm
@Rod Panhard You bought your coins at the perfect time in 2015 /16 when spot was around £10.00

Admin, Rod Panhard, denby, Bondie and 21C Bullion like this post

Bondie
Bondie

Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:56 pm
Impressive spreadsheet and amazing prices  @Rod Panhard WOW!

Admin, Rod Panhard and denby like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:59 pm
21C Bullion wrote:@Rod Panhard You bought your coins at the perfect time in 2015 /16 when spot was around £10.00

That's when I started stacking, pure dumb luck. Every purchase over the last couple of years has seen my cost average rise which is hard to take.

tray
tray

Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:02 pm
I did buy a. Bronze 1882 no. H penny, it was in a pile of about 20 others , paid about £2.50 for them ('H' mark in the exergue above the date, it indicates Heaton Mint in Birmingham) I had it checked by a dealer and sold it straight home for a lot of money

Admin, Rod Panhard, denby and Bondie like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum