The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Rusalka, Water Spirit. Empty Rusalka, Water Spirit.

Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:47 am
Rusalka, Water Spirit. Gdnask Mint 1oz

The Cat's Mother, denby and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Rusalka, Water Spirit. Empty Re: Rusalka, Water Spirit.

Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:20 pm
Well, I watched the video via Firefox as my usual browser, Opera, has its advert blocker turned on so I'm banned from seeing it there. It doesn't seem to be a universal block, though: there are some new videos that I can still see. Of the ones I can't, I'll just have to form a view whether I can be bothered to change browser. Obviously I'll watch yours  @Admin , but there aren't many others and the adverts are a real turn off.  Rusalka, Water Spirit. 1f63e  Rusalka, Water Spirit. 1f63e
So, on to the coin. Like you, I have the 2oz version, which I love and I hope to collect the rest of the series in 2oz format. Unlike you, I won't be getting the 1oz version because it doesn't seem worth it to me (you have a specific reason, so no criticism there). I absolutely agree about the COA and hope that future 2oz issues in the series will have numbered COAs.  Rusalka, Water Spirit. 1f63a
I understand your view about the dating, but an alternative view is that it's nice to have the 1oz and 2oz coins dated the same year. The East India Company frequently issue coins in different weights dated the same year - but they do issue them all at the same time. It strikes me that the Gdansk Mint may not have originally intended to do a 1oz, but decided late on that it would be a good idea and tap into the market for the smaller weight. I hope that there aren't too many purchasers of the 2oz who are feeling a bit peeved that they didn't know a 1oz was in the offing. I would still have chosen the 2oz since I really like that weight, but not all collectors are the same.

Admin and denby like this post

AVG

Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:54 pm
Admin
Do you think that they are using a worn out die for the 1oz coin that it the same size diameter as the 2oz ?

Admin likes this post

Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:29 pm
Because I haven't watched mainstream television for years, YouTube is the only media platform I pay for. At $13.99 per month, there are no advertisements.
I'm not into mermaids but the coin is okay for the design features.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:31 pm
AVG wrote:Admin
Do you think that they are using a worn out die for the 1oz coin that it the same size diameter as the 2oz ?

YES YES AND YES

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:19 pm
Slight update: I've just had another go at watching this on YouTube via Opera, and it worked. Maybe the blocking only works for a few days.

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum