The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

NEWS on Winners, and the 9th Giveaway.  Empty NEWS on Winners, and the 9th Giveaway.

Tue May 31, 2022 7:25 pm
Thank you to all who have participated in the monthly draw. 

With deep regret there is no date or time set, I will make a formal post after speaking to the moderators when our next giveaway will happen. 

We had only 4 members participate, which meant I drew it 2 days earlier. The reason for this was I was already doing the livestream for the 1 Year Birthday, and with only 4 entries it was pointless making a full livestream for that giveaway. Although a Huge congratulations to  @CanadianGoldHunter for winning the  @JOE DURBIN Custom made Silver bell  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

A Congratulations to  @kimchi for winning the Monthly Prize as well. 

I did throw in another prize for fun for our birthday bash, and you can watch it below. But  @m&m prospecting won a 1/4 oz piece of Silver and I decided to do a silly draw with a football card as well for those who were in the livestream. Congratulations to  @kimchi who took away that prize too. 

So what will the future for Giveaways be?   We are deciding the fate and ask you to comment below with your thoughts. Should we do them once ever 3 months? should we carry on with every month? Where shall we get extra prizes from? Should we do it Yearly and make just one big prize? or 3 small prizes?? or should we stop prizes all together? 

The forum is growing but we are wanting members who are willing to chat, grow the forum, and participate actively in conversations and discussions.  We love the jokes and pictures of pets, but we are seeing a trend of people just commenting the same things over and over to get the "30" posts to enter into the giveaways. 

I personally find it frustrating to see members just join for prizes. And in recent events not even answer emails to tell them entries might be valid or not. 

So I will leave this in YOUR hands ... You decide on what to do, The Moderators  @The Cat's Mother  @ShortJohnSilver are Both watching this. 

We are waiting on your decision and your contribution to this subject. Please be respectful towards everyone's view. No view is wrong. 

The Moderators and myself will make the final decision based on your recommendations. 

Admin

FYI To the Mods,  Feel free to add and contribute or edit this post to help it become more direct. Thank you both.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Fortune8, CanadianGoldHunter and Squirrelling coins like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

NEWS on Winners, and the 9th Giveaway.  Empty Re: NEWS on Winners, and the 9th Giveaway.

Tue May 31, 2022 8:19 pm
I think you've nailed it @Admin . Unless they encourage the wider membership take part in the forum, giveaways are not of any benefit to the forum. We did try to find out what people wanted, without success, and the forum is its membership. Even just liking (or disliking) a post shows that someone is looking in and hopefully enjoying reading the posts, but the continual silence from all but a handful is disheartening.

Admin, Fortune8, CanadianGoldHunter and ANT ORTA like this post

Kimchi

NEWS on Winners, and the 9th Giveaway.  Empty Re: NEWS on Winners, and the 9th Giveaway.

Tue May 31, 2022 9:12 pm
It just needs a few active folk to get things going, or a small passionate community to find a 'safe' place where they feel they can be at home and it'll take off (Admin has put everything in place for that to happen, but just, for whatever reason, that hasn't been mobilised so far imo).

Smile
Kimchi

Tue May 31, 2022 9:37 pm
Also, I had so much fun today on Acebullion's livestream.

Not because I won (I didn't enter for that, just to take part and feel a part of things!). And I had a brilliant time even though I cruelly lost the first two draws LOL.

It's just nice people, having fun and being good to each other, I think it's absolutely brilliant what  @AceBullion has created, and the only way is up!

Just need to get the word out to more good people who will realise what a stable and supportive base there is here Smile

Yep, probably dial back the (incredibly generous!) draws for the time being, I would suggest a way to keep them in the eye but more active members are needed, then everything will take off!

Very Happy
m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:33 pm
I'm not here to win anything it's a cool perk to being part of a great forum I got lucky I've tried to post some stuff to talk on in a couple areas. Sometimes it's hard to start a topic with limited stuff to talk about to draw interest from members I see a larger component which is the coin community which is cool I try to stay up with as Jon puts out videos. I'll try a little harder to engage some of the community with what I like hope this is ok

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:53 pm
Hi @m&m prospecting . It is hard to start things, even for a gobby moggy like me, and you have been posting. I think @Admin 's point was that there are literally dozens of members who have never posted a thing (we would love to know why) and, although that does mean they will not be able to enter the giveaways, it does nothing to help make the forum a friendly, vibrant place. You are a valuable member of our family, and we would love to hear about your doings in the world of coins and prospecting, but don't let us worry you!

Admin, Fortune8, CanadianGoldHunter, ANT ORTA and m&m prospecting like this post

ANT ORTA
ANT ORTA
https://www.youtube.com

Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:57 pm
Well when it comes to giveaways they are fun and a small perk of this forum. I enjoy watching the livestream and seeing the live interaction that happen with members. When it comes to the giveaway prizes the variety is a pretty big list from boobies prizes to 1 oz silver rounds etc it's great to have the variety , the frequency I would like it to continue monthly , if only 4 members enter the giveaway that means people are not noticing the forum is active with giveaways people don't know there is a giveaway that is up for grabs
I have a feeling forums have a lot of competition with DISCORD, Facebook, Instagram ,YouTube ect we should have heavy recruiting for a month straight and see if giveaways should be reconsidered In the frequency.
I like posting because I get to upload photos I am more of a show and tell kinda forum member lol I really like looking at other peoples photos it's fun to me thx JONRMS AND MODS. U guys rock 😎Like a Star @ heaven👍🏽

Admin, Fortune8, The Cat's Mother, CanadianGoldHunter, ANT ORTA and m&m prospecting like this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:01 pm
Awesome cats mom I'm trying to get a video put togeather of my dredge home build and show it off soon

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:09 pm
That would be great, and is just what we need.
Incidentally, did you mean to dislike my earlier post? NEWS on Winners, and the 9th Giveaway.  1f63f

Admin, Fortune8 and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:15 pm
No fat finger syndrome lol

Admin, Fortune8 and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:21 am
m&m prospecting wrote:No fat finger syndrome lol
Whew!

Admin, Fortune8, CanadianGoldHunter and m&m prospecting like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:22 pm
Keep the suggestions and conversation flowing here. I like your idea  @ANT ORTA about a drive to promote the forum. I just worry and do not want to get into a war with another Forum....    

YouTube and Discord are nice, but then you have no real way to go back and check. I love using this as a search as well as a place to add to the list. But posting on here should be fun. 

I think Crypto will go, and we will trial prospecting. What do you think?

I have 5 prizes at the minute on standby and I will be talking more with the mods next week before deciding on a date. 

Again keep the suggestions coming, it is important for us all to know why people join but not post. I assumed it was to be nice on my YouTube channel, but I just want this to work for you... There is no selfish, greedy, sneaky, or financial gain for me to have on here. Only you guys. 
That is why I am confused.

Fortune8, CanadianGoldHunter and ANT ORTA like this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:41 pm
Surely the best giveaway for a long time, "Fast and Furious" is the only way to describe the one year anniversary of our wonderful forum.
A huge thank you to @jonrms for organising and running the hour long live stream, which was very entertaining.
Also "CONGRATULATIONS" to all the winners (which didn't include me), for not only participating in the event, but actually winning  (gits).
The main anniversary prize was a fabulous hand made bell, made from silver dollars, by the exceptionally gifted @JOE DURBIN, many thanks to him for supplying such a unique item?
Here's looking forward to, not only the regular giveaways, but the "Special" unique anniversary ones that will follow.
Cheers  cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin, AceBullion, CanadianGoldHunter, ANT ORTA and m&m prospecting like this post

Jazz
Jazz

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:22 pm
Great giveaway and fun as always

Admin, Fortune8, AceBullion, CanadianGoldHunter, ANT ORTA and m&m prospecting like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum