The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello forum

+2
Fortune8
ArcaneCollector
6 posters
Go down
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Hello forum  Empty Hello forum

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:10 pm
Hi Everyone

I found my way here from watching Ace Bullion on YouTube. Looking forward to learning more about collecting and stacking, to add to my collecting addiction 🙂.

Loving the coin reviews by jonrms!

Admin and Fortune8 like this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Hello forum  Empty Re: Hello forum

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:18 pm
Welcome to the forum @ArcaneCollector. Enjoy  cheers

Admin and ArcaneCollector like this post

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:00 pm
Greetings, looking forward to reading your posts! Smile

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:31 pm
@ArcaneCollector what do you like to collect in particular if anything? I only really have two collections (though many other bits and bobs) which are Perth Mint Kookaburras and modern special year sovereigns Smile
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:47 pm
@kimchi (great name BTW, my latest craze is toasted cheese and kimchi sandwiches!) I just started collecting this week! (My man cave is full of my other collections including Warhammer, Tudor Mint figures, Gundam models, books and comics etc...as you can tell I am a nerd). So I just picked up the 2 oz Tudor Beast Lion to start with. Now I am thinking of stacking vs collecting....hmmm... think I will start a post on that.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:11 pm
@ArcaneCollector ah I can see you have impeccable taste in cuisine my friend! Very Happy Wow, that is great news you just started collecting, some of us older fogeys (!) perhaps will get a chance to live vicariously through you as you start out on your journey and find what particularly attracts or interests you (also there are many who can be a wealth of information and guidance on here, so if you want any just ask Smile ). I have quite a few of the Queen's Beasts (the previous series to the Tudor's as you probably know) but all in different formats and no complete collection (I am like that with most coins LOL). And yes, it doesn't take long for at least a little bit of a stacker to appear in most of us, so I look forward to your thread if you post one Smile

Oh and I do have most of the Marvel coins which are beauties, I really should think about swapping a couple out to get a complete set and get a nice box for them.

I used to live in Japan so I know a bit about collecting (the Asian stuff anyway). And coins are certainly very addictive once you get 'the bug'!

Jazz
Jazz

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:21 pm
Hello @ArcaneCollector and welcome buddy!

Admin, Fortune8 and ArcaneCollector like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:59 pm
Hello @ArcaneCollector . You are very welcome indeed, despite your strange taste in sandwiches (sorry @kimchi ). Hopefully you will have lots of great exchanges with the members and enjoy the forum.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:30 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hello  @ArcaneCollector . You are very welcome indeed, despite your strange taste in sandwiches (sorry  @kimchi ). Hopefully you will have lots of great exchanges with the members and enjoy the forum.

Mange touts!

Have you ever tried kimchi  @The Cat's Mother ? :O
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:58 pm
Fair point @kimchi , no I haven't. I have never been a fan of cabbage, and tend not to eat it in any form, and I can't tolerate onion. If I was ever in Korea then I probably would try it, but there are so many things I do enjoy eating that searching out something that isn't sold in my local shops and that would probably be a waste of money for me to buy hasn't ever been something I wanted to do.

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:05 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Fair point  @kimchi , no I haven't. I have never been a fan of cabbage, and tend not to eat it in any form, and I can't tolerate onion. If I was ever in Korea then I probably would try it, but there are so many things I do enjoy eating that searching out something that isn't sold in my local shops and that would probably be a waste of money for me to buy hasn't ever been something I wanted to do.

The smell of fermented cabbage when you open the jar is great, if you don’t have a dog to blame. 😉

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:33 pm
Nah - cats only in this household. They can, however, produce a miasma of their very own that could probably rival fermented cabbage.

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:31 am
ArcaneCollector wrote:

The smell of fermented cabbage when you open the jar is great, if you don’t have a dog to blame. 😉

If it's the real deal (raw, unpasteurized) then it's super to inhale for clearing the sinuses, as well as all the huge healthy documented digestive and probiotic benefits when eaten Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:12 am
Welcome to the forum,

It is really nice to see new members joining up.  Your man cave sounds like my workshop! LOL 

If I could get a penny here for my thoughts, I would say that If you are wanting to buy or invest in the Tudor Beasts, Buy a few sets, This way you can have one for your own display, and X amount to sell on after they are finished. Or nearly finished. 

I wish I had done that with the Queens Beast set. 

Again Welcome in from all of us,

Fortune8 and ArcaneCollector like this post

CanadianGoldHunter
CanadianGoldHunter
https://www.instagram.com/labbe_prospecting

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:39 pm
Welcome to the forum @ArcaneCollector

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum