The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Gold for advanced military hardware? Empty Gold for advanced military hardware?

Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:53 pm
I've heard that gold is used in electronics for the more advanced military hardware, as it's the least susceptible to being taken out by an EMP.

Does anyone have any idea if that is true, or would care to speculate? The person I heard it from said a lot of gold has been used for this for many years.

Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Gold for advanced military hardware? Empty Re: Gold for advanced military hardware?

Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:18 am
kimchi wrote:I've heard that gold is used in electronics for the more advanced military hardware, as it's the least susceptible to being taken out by an EMP.

Does anyone have any idea if that is true, or would care to speculate? The person I heard it from said a lot of gold has been used for this for many years.

Thanks!

Gold will NOT shield or protect a electronic circuit board from a EMP. This is false and there are a few sites which have made light of this. Gold is a much better conductor, and corrosion resistant from atmospheric and environmental issues. 

The best form of protection from a EMP is actually Aluminium which when made into a Faraday cage can protect any electronic board. Yes that little soda can with lots of holes poked in and around it is the BEST form of protection. 

I hope this helps and answers your question. Also if your looking at Precious metals and what or why they are being used... Platinum is GREAT and is being more and more used for underwater connections, as it resists the salt water that Silver was used for. 

There are a huge amount of Myths going around.. but Gold is a false flag for EMP protection.

Gold for advanced military hardware? Empty Re: Gold for advanced military hardware?

Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:53 pm
What a strange misconception to have been spread around scratch Would a combination of aluminium protection and gold components then be best?

How about more generally in military applications? E.g. you mention its conductivity and environmental properties.

Leaving the EMP thing aside, Catherine Austin-Fitts has said that there are huge ongoing uses in the military (including in cutting edge technology that the public aren't necessarily aware of). She was part of the Bush Jr Administration I think (it may have been Clinton).
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:22 am
Ok some facts i know, 

Gold has been used in all sorts of electronics, which do include military electronics and SPACE!! in fact it is used in space not by the microgram but by oz!!!! so Spacecrafts and satellites are heavily covered in Gold. 
most are foil and plating but there is raw 999 gold connectors. 

Gold also was used in nuclear weapons... funny note that the USA DOD decided to dismantle X amount and turned the gold from the nukes into wedding rings about 30 years ago! Yes that's right.... People are walking around with wedding bands that once were gold in a nuke! 

Gold slows and or stops the oxidation from occurring, if copper or anything else was used as I mentioned above it would fail and well that's not good. 

Still to this day Gold is carried by some service personal to help them in the even of emergencies. 

But have a look at this website... I found it actually has a tonne to offer in the advice of GOLD. 

https://www.sharrettsplating.com/blog/introduction-gold-plating-ground-defense-systems/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum