The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Myths & Legends by the Perth Mint Empty Myths & Legends by the Perth Mint

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:28 am
WOW .. I love these. 

The Cat's Mother likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Myths & Legends by the Perth Mint Empty Re: Myths & Legends by the Perth Mint

Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:26 pm
Great video  @Admin . My set of three are on their way, and seeing the video has whetted my appetite even more. I certainly won't be flipping them.
You were right about the peacock tail. The traditional description of the Chinese Phoenix is a mixture of several birds, with the head of a pheasant, the body of a mandarin duck, the tail of a peacock, the beak of a parrot and the wings of a swallow.

One interesting thing is that, although I had believed that this coin was the second issue in the Chinese Myths and Legends series, I have seen it described by dealers as no. 6, with the first five being the Dragon and Phoenix (2017), Dragon and Tiger (2018), Double Dragon (2019), Double Pixiu (2020), and the Dragon from 2021. The AgAu Bulletin also has the series starting with the Dragon and Phoenix, although the series name wasn't around in 2017. It does make some sense to put all these coins into the same series, but I couldn't find anything about it on the Perth Mint website. I will be putting all the coins together - may need a box.

For those who missed out at Silver Trader, Aurinum (see Dealer Directory for details) are showing all three versions as being available on pre-order, available from 15th June. Please be advised though, they are a lot more expensive than ST (€54 for the two coloured versions, €36 for the plain silver) and there will be a fee for anyone using Paypal; the coins don't come in capsules, which are stocked, but extra; P&P is extra. But if you really want one ...

Update My coins have arrived, and the video doesn't do them justice. The colours are so vivid in hand, and the coins themselves are gorgeous. Definitely no flipping these.

Last edited by The Cat's Mother on Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Admin likes this post

Myths & Legends by the Perth Mint Empty Re: Myths & Legends by the Perth Mint

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:21 pm
Lovely coins, gutted I missed these!!!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum