The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
SanMarino
SanMarino

Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  Empty Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction

Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:15 am
A bit of fun and to see who’s the canniest owl on the forum

Predict the end of year Saturday 31st December 2022 silver spot price

If we can keep it in US dollars to make it easier based on the spot price

If you can copy and paste the submissions from the latest post, enter your username and estimate in descending order it will make it easier to track who is our winner

$24.10 SanMarino

Admin, The Cat's Mother and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  Empty Re: Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction

Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:24 pm
ok I will make the prediction. I say $21.50

That is my honest thoughts on where it will be. 

I hope to be proven wrong

The Cat's Mother and SanMarino like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  Empty Re: Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction

Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:58 pm
Mystic Mog, aka TCM has looked into her crystal ball, and I will be a little more optimistic and predict $25.50, a rough translation of £21 at today's exchange rates, although I hope it goes nowhere near there for the very selfish reason that I have a lot of stuff I want to buy.
My reasoning (I'm being generous here using that word) is that there may be a bit of a surge now that crypto is collapsing, although that will be likely to affect gold more given the sums involved. The surge will likely be falling by the end of the year, but there will be some optimism left, in advance of a further drop next spring to roughly where we are now.
Naturally, I haven't a clue really what I'm talking about, and anyone thinking I am the Sage of the bullion market must be barking - and I say that as the Cat's Mother! lol!

Admin and denby like this post

SilverTrader
SilverTrader
Sponsor
https://www.silvertrader.uk/

Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:51 am
I probably should not do it but $36.10
Don't ask why i think this it's just a guess

denby
denby

Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  Empty December 31st silver price

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:57 pm
I am going for 32 dollars per ounce, this is my lucky number.

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:40 pm
I was going to say $21.50 but that’s taken….so $21.43. 😁

Admin likes this post

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:40 am
I note that most are guessing in dollars & this jolted my grey-cells awake (crumbs it's bright out there...!).

So should one assume USD rather than CAD etc?

Further is the price at any one instance a global figure?

This then leads me to ask where in the World at the end of the year by which timezone...?

Ignoring all the above, l'll have a punt at 34.56USD at 31-12-2022 23:59 GMT.

denby
denby

Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  Empty December 31st silver price 2022 at 23-59pm

Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:14 pm
Hi John,

Got your message, I agree with USD and your deadline time, 1 second before midnight eh!

I have a funny feeling you and Martin are going to be close.

Another thing I expect to happen in the next 6 months is that the USD, the GBP and the Euro will race toward the bottom of the fiat pile together and we could have parity by New years eve. ie 1 USD = 1 GBP = 1 EURO. So your USD 34.56 could be worth GBP 34.56,which is pretty much double todays silver spot price.

We could have a lot of happy silver stackers singing Auld Lang Syne Eh.

Admin, SilverTrader, ShortJohnSilver and SanMarino like this post

denby
denby

Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  Empty December 31st silver price and Western Currencies parity.

Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:46 pm
Can't really believe it but the USD and Euro achieved parity today after 20 years. GBP is falling like a stone too at £1 =USD1.19. Even the Swiss Franc could be 1 : 1 by Hogmanay. Maybe it will be a good time to talk about CBDC, central bank digital currencies, even better than unbacked paper or plastic, you just get digits added to your bank account if you've been a good boy. Buy SILVER is my new Mantra.

Admin likes this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:36 pm
Interesting time in the markets and I do get the impression that just like the silver market has suffered from major American bank manipulation that there is emerging evidence that JP Morgan and I think it was Citibank have dramatically increased their gold contracts to the point they have (on paper) as much future gold contracts than the US has gold on reserve.
I need to do more research on the subject but it does look like precious metals are due a price correction in relation to the dollar and that will only be on way aka it will cost more dollars for your ounce.

denby
denby

Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  Empty USA Dollars today

Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:15 pm
San Marino,

I have a strong feeling that the king dollar could go to 1.20 on the dollar ratio before heading straight back to 0.8 in this half of 2022. So you could get gold a bit cheaper yet ie today dollar is 1.06 but at 0.8 you will be sitting on a very tidy profit if you buy gold soon. Dollar is only looking strong against the other Western Currencies because the Yen, Pound and Euro are already toast. Strongest world currency right now is the Rouble.
I also agree with you about JPM and Citi, more paper gold in their derivatives market than Gold on the Planet. Derivatives are weapons of mass financial destruction as Warren Buffett calls them!

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:39 pm
The rouble is a case in point

Despite the western sanctions being backed by gold has demonstrated the strength it provides to a currency

Admin, ShortJohnSilver and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:14 pm
Well, the year end approaches and the excitement mounts. You may not have noticed lol!
I briefly googled today's spot price for silver and it's $23.85, so it's still all to play for, although I think @SilverTrader @ShortJohnSilver and @denby may have to do a bit of market manipulation if they're going to be in with a chance.

SanMarino
SanMarino

Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:12 pm
An interesting reminder

A few days to go but I don’t expect much price movement unless Biden creates more paper debt

denby
denby

Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:43 am
I give up, I declare, my idea that we would have £32 an ounce silver tomorrow night at 23-59pm might have been a little bit too optimistic eh!, Good luck to the winner though. Who is the nearest to 24 USD at the moment?

Come on the WINNER, will it be TCM? I hope so cos I've got a prize for you if it is. TCM "never wins anything".

Got my first 2 fafnirs today at last, what colours inked on to Black Ruthenium, I got numbers 3 &. 5 out of the 100 made, good eh! I will ask my Wife to take a picture for the forum later on today.

Anybody know what Black Ruthenium is?
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:10 am
Hi @denby . At the moment @SanMarino is in the lead. We'll have to think of a suitable prize for him at this rate. @Admin , @ArcaneCollector and yours truly all went for prices in the $20's, but I think I was a bit too optimistic. Still a while to go though.

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:35 am
denby wrote:I give up, I declare, my idea that we would have £32 an ounce silver tomorrow night at 23-59pm might have been a little bit too optimistic eh!,  Good luck to the winner though. Who is the nearest to 24 USD at the moment?

Come on the WINNER, will it be TCM? I hope so cos I've got a prize for you if it is. TCM "never wins anything".

Got my first 2 fafnirs today at last, what colours inked on to Black Ruthenium, I got numbers 3 &. 5 out of the 100 made, good eh!  I will ask my Wife to take a picture for the forum later on today.

Anybody know what Black Ruthenium is?
Ruthenium is a metal similar to platinum. Black ruthenium has an additive to give it a gunmetal colour. It is often used in metal plating.

Admin, The Cat's Mother, denby and tray like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:55 pm
Just imagine what the price will be once this money printing has its day of reckoning!

Could we see $200 dollar an ounce silver?

denby
denby

Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:59 pm
SanMarino,

Looks like your gonna be the 2022 winner, the P M Forum prophet. I will be thinking more carefully about what you say in 2023. Where did you get your Crystal Ball?

Admin likes this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:10 pm
I wish! And yet I don’t in a way.

There’s lots of noise on social media and in investment publications; silver to the moon, the silver squeeze, silver comex can’t deliver, etc.

The truth seems to be silver is in demand but not the kid of demand that will see 50% raise per day.

Bitcoin aside, the silver to gold ratio is interesting but only if you subscribe to the view the historic ratio is a good indicator.
I don’t anymore.

So why silver over gold?
I don’t mind gold, but there is not enough variety in coinage with gold , but silver is a lot easier to buy, sell or trade.
Gold is good for storing value but I don’t have a lot of value to store!
I also like the bigger coins, 2oz and 5oz which i am keen to add to my collection.
And then there is the risk of fakes, it’s one thing spending £30 on a fake 1oz silver coin, it’s a bit more problematic spending £1400 on a fake 1oz gold coin.

As for the future of silver?
Well the metrics or KPIs are clear and obvious.

* Money printing is continuing throughout the west and developing world
* A growing number of countries have less of the population paying the bills (especially the UK) - this can’t continue
* Both private and public debt is growing
* Inflation was not and is not transitory
* Bitcoin has its pros and cons but you can’t hold it unless you get a portable wallet

My prediction for the end of 2023?

I don’t think the current Fiat money system will collapse, it will still plod on with inflation staying well over the 2% target.
I do think gold and silver prices will fluctuate but ultimately I expected silver spot price to finish the year at $28+ per ounce.

However and I have no idea when, the only logical conclusion for the current Fiat government systems (with a few exceptions) is collapse in value.
BUT
The people with the real power in society and government won’t want the collapse to occur until a new alternative is in place.
This is when we will get the central bank digital currencies.
They will be sold as the knight in shining armour to save our currencies.
There are a few problems with that, but most won’t care and the powers will continue with their control in tact and their wealth preserved.
Holding gold and silver at this time will be lucrative, it’s untraceable and the value will be considerable.

But until then we will get more quantitative easing, more debt, more spin, more inflation, and maybe the odd country will suffer shocks but ultimately the money printing will continue because to do anything else at this point is to costly, painful, risks major civil unrest and the loss of power for a few.

Keep stacking my friends and please don’t think I’m a classic conspiracy theory but I don’t see any other outcome for printing money and creating debt that is now impossible to pay back.

At some point a paper note will be worth less than the paper and ink to print it.

Russia and China are interesting, both buying up gold for well over a decade to boost the nations reserve, a credible dollar alternative is not too far away.

Admin, denby and ArcaneCollector like this post

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:41 am
Less than 24 hours to go and TCM is looking close to the current value...

Happy New Year everyone...

http://jlcards.com/QA88zG

(Click this link [above] and I'll share my New Year's resolution at the end).

Admin and The Cat's Mother like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:18 am
I loved that  @ShortJohnSilver , and I look forward to a report on how well you kept your resolution.  Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  1f638

I think  @SanMarino is still in the lead, although I have crept up to second place ......  Maybe I will get that celebratory night on the town with Hamish.  Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  1f63b

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:26 am
Well given that the PM markets close over the weekends, I make it that @SanMarino was the closest. Well done!

Admin, The Cat's Mother and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:04 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Well given that the PM markets close over the weekends, I make it that @SanMarino was the closest. Well done!

Ok smartypants, so it looks like I won't get my night out with Hamish then.  Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  1f63f
I'll still do an announcement tomorrow morning, just for the hell of it.  Your end of year 2022 silver price prediction  1f63c
Enjoy your Benylin.

denby, ArcaneCollector and SanMarino like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:04 pm
Good Morning, well it was when I started, and a very Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Shiny New Year to you all. cheers cheers cheers

So, as promised, here is the formal announcement of the winner of this competition, set up by  @SanMarino last June. As  @ArcaneCollector kindly mentioned, the exchanges were closed over the weekend, so I didn't have to interrupt Big Ben to look at the prices.

I looked at three sites, Atkinsons, Chards and Bullion by Post, and picked the middle figure (Chards) of $23.96 as the one to aim for.

There were seven entries. The names, with their predictions are as follows, in descending order of accuracy:
@SanMarino  - $24.10 (14 cents adrift)
TCM - $25.50 ($1.54 adrift)
@Admin - $21.50 ($2.46 adrift)
@ArcaneCollector  - $21.43 ($2.53 adrift)
@denby - $32.00 ($8.04 adrift)
@ShortJohnSilver - $34.56 ($10.60 adrift)
@SilverTrader - $36.10 ($12.14 adrift)  (deary, deary me)
If anyone has any issues with my maths, please keep it to yourself.

So  @SanMarino is the clear winner. If you would care to PM me with your name and address I will send out the exceedingly small prize that I have selected.
I ain't joking,  @SanMarino , you may well feel that your privacy is more important than receiving what you're being threatened with.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum