The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Various Bullion for Sale - Page 2 Empty Re: Various Bullion for Sale

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:50 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:...
@Admin I’ll also take the elephant. As you can tell, I like animals 🙂.

What's the condition of the Ele?
I am just replying,

I think the elephant has some toning around the rim. 

it is a bronze colour tone... I think this is the only coin with any issues or defects.
But I will inspect any coin ahead of sale... And take more photos if needed.
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:02 pm
Admin wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote: @Admin I’ll take the Koala and the Kook. I promised my wife, no coin purchases in July, so could you hold onto them until August? 😉
Yes I have no problem holding them back, I am not in any rush for them to go anywhere. 

I think the Elephant has some light toning going around part of the rim. I have to be upfront and honest. I only remember from taking photos. 

If you still want that on top of the Koala and Kook that is fine, if not I understand. 

@kimchi Yes I  have duplicates. I just don't know where to look to find them... these were in my duplicate box. 

Postage  @ArcaneCollector for all 3 coins with a signature will be about £6 from memory.  That's insured and tracked.

I will put pending on the main listing... if you do not want the elephant I will remove it.

Thanks @Admin I am still happy to take the elephant. A bit of lemon juice will sort out that toning. I cleaned a silver eagle that way and it’s as good as new! Thanks for holding them back. I have the cash but I made a promise to the boss lady….and I value my life! If you have duplicates of other date year Kooks you want to shift I’ll take those too. Very Happy

Admin and AceBullion like this post

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:52 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:

Thanks  @Admin I am still happy to take the elephant. A bit of lemon juice will sort out that toning. I cleaned a silver eagle that way and it’s as good as new! Thanks for holding them back. I have the cash but I made a promise to the boss lady….and I value my life! If you have duplicates of other date year Kooks you want to shift I’ll take those too. Very Happy

Nooooooo...don't clean coins (unless absolutely necessary and you're an expert i.e. well beyond lemon juice stage) Shocked
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:00 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:

Thanks  @Admin I am still happy to take the elephant. A bit of lemon juice will sort out that toning. I cleaned a silver eagle that way and it’s as good as new! Thanks for holding them back. I have the cash but I made a promise to the boss lady….and I value my life! If you have duplicates of other date year Kooks you want to shift I’ll take those too. Very Happy

Nooooooo...don't clean coins (unless absolutely necessary and you're an expert i.e. well beyond lemon juice stage) Shocked

Meh! I collect coins because I like the shiny glint. Brown and milk stained coins bring me no joy. They are just BU coins. I’m not going to go to town on something valuable or important with my Brasso and toothbrush. 😂

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:21 am
ArcaneCollector wrote:
Admin wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote: @Admin I’ll take the Koala and the Kook. I promised my wife, no coin purchases in July, so could you hold onto them until August? 😉
Yes I have no problem holding them back, I am not in any rush for them to go anywhere. 

I think the Elephant has some light toning going around part of the rim. I have to be upfront and honest. I only remember from taking photos. 

If you still want that on top of the Koala and Kook that is fine, if not I understand. 

@kimchi Yes I  have duplicates. I just don't know where to look to find them... these were in my duplicate box. 

Postage  @ArcaneCollector for all 3 coins with a signature will be about £6 from memory.  That's insured and tracked.

I will put pending on the main listing... if you do not want the elephant I will remove it.

I will have a look. I am sure there are multiple Kooks and others. 
I just decided to grab a few out of a generic box once used for videos

ArcaneCollector likes this post

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:15 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:
kimchi wrote:

Meh! I collect coins because I like the shiny glint. Brown and milk stained coins bring me no joy. They are just BU coins. I’m not going to go to town on something valuable or important with my Brasso and toothbrush. 😂

I would wait a while with those annoyingly-not-shiny coins as there may be techniques in the works that are a 'little' more sophisticated (and currently being tested), that sort out everything except milkspots with no damage to the coin or its value whatsoever Very Happy

(It does actually remove milkspots too but my instinct is that they will return given time and storage conditions.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:47 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:
kimchi wrote:

I would wait a while with those annoyingly-not-shiny coins as there may be techniques in the works that are a 'little' more sophisticated (and currently being tested), that sort out everything except milkspots with no damage to the coin or its value whatsoever Very Happy

(It does actually remove milkspots too but my instinct is that they will return given time and storage conditions.)

I have already posted a method with a video on how to .. ( not made by me!!! ) and it works very well. It involves tinfoil baking soda and I think vinegar not sure... but it is dead easy and does remove milk spots. The biggest thing is to carefully clean it by patting it dry with a micro fibre cloth... then you have no marks at all.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:50 pm
Or, just buy diamonds. They don't milk at all.

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:45 pm
Last call on any of these. Friday 6 days from not I will close this thread if no further interest
Jazz
Jazz

Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:54 pm
Gold! Who doesn't love gold

Admin likes this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:00 pm
@Admin If you decide to sell ant more items, could you please post the photographs the right way up? I've managed to trap a nerve in my neck on two occasions and standing my screen on it's side doesn't seem to work. scratch

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:09 pm
Fortune8 wrote:@Admin   If you decide to sell ant more items, could you please post the photographs the right way up?  I've managed to trap a nerve in my neck on two occasions and standing my screen on it's side doesn't seem to work. scratch
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sorry, I don't always have access to my editing software when I am taking the photos. 

So apologies. 

I will try harder.  afro
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum