The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Car shopping !!!  Empty Car shopping !!!

Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:01 pm
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Normally I enjoy shopping for a car. But this is only when it is for me. 

i am currently shopping for my most annoying wife ( yes she is when it comes to this! ) Who is picky as heck and then does nothing when told. YES I said TOLD... argh... long story.. but she expects me to do all the research, Pay for the dang thing, and some how transport her to said location in the country with my mind. 

I had plans to with X money I had put aside... but no... she thinks she needs a new car. Well she should buy the dang thing.... NOPE my job. 

Rant over for now. But I swear if you hear of a car catching fire in my area.... it was not me. 

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Car shopping !!!  Empty Re: Car shopping !!!

Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:14 pm
Admin wrote:...
i am currently shopping for my most annoying wife ( yes she is when it comes to this! )

Can you get some of your less annoying wives to talk some sense into her?

scratch
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:31 pm
Admin wrote::

But I swear if you hear of a car catching fire in my area.... it was not me. 

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Well, it wouldn't be after you'd paid for it, would it?

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

tray
tray

Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:16 pm
Happy wife
Happy life

Admin likes this post

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:56 am
kimchi wrote:
Admin wrote:...
i am currently shopping for my most annoying wife ( yes she is when it comes to this! )

Can you get some of your less annoying wives to talk some sense into her?

scratch

I thought that...
How many wives does he have?
Do they know about each other?
Doc any of them read this forum...?
O M Gudness!!!

Admin likes this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:28 pm
Hi,
What car are you looking for?

I’m currently buying a car for my mother who wants to change.
Thankfully she now appreciates the difficulty of the new car market (both in terms of supply and dealers demanding list price!) and is happy with a good example 2-3 years old with service history.

The problem I am having so far is there is a lot of rubbish for sale at high prices, cars that have clearly not been looked after with questionable service history.
It’s concerning when a manufacturer main dealer hasn’t given a car a good clean and you find rubbish in the doors and under the seats on a test drive! It doesn’t fill you with confidence that the dealer is any good.

If you see a good deal on a Honda Jazz or Toyota Yaris, let me know!

Admin and Squirrelling coins like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:25 pm
I shall update you all with a picture. Thankfully a buddy of mine in London will open for collection tomorrow. Car is essentially bought. Apart from sending the money.. argh.. but thank you all. 

Wife and friend will collect it tomorrow. Sunday.. Ahhh I am amazing. 
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SanMarino
SanMarino

Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:00 pm
Good news, hopefully it works out to be a good purchase.

I am amazed at some of the prices of cars 3-6 years old, they are not much cheaper than brand new.

When the used market crashes and it will, some dealers are going to be left with some heavy losses for cars they have over paid for.

Admin, Rod Panhard and AceBullion like this post

Squirrelling coins
Squirrelling coins

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:47 pm
You can't. go wrong with Japanese cars at least they are reliable... generally

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:52 pm
Indeed, avoid Diesel engines and they should be robust compared to rivals provided they get serviced each year.
I love how Toyota now offer a 10 year warranty provided you have it serviced by a Toyota dealer; now that’s confidence in your product.
Kia 7 year warranty is very good, the Koreans (Hyundai & Kia- same firm) are making good cars.

It’s a shame most European brands only offer 3 years although some let you pay to extend them by a year or two upto 5 years old but with caveats such as a limit on how much you can claim for a warranted fault.

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:55 pm
Whatchaget?

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:24 pm
Well... it is a Ford.... it is a Estate and it is Diesel. 

My wife had the whole Diesel thing as a picky note... she does around 20k a year in miles. So its cheaper.

ShortJohnSilver and Squirrelling coins like this post

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:29 pm
We have a 2012 Mondeo Estate 1.6td Titanium X.
A real joy to drive with adaptive cruise... shame they stopped making them...

Admin likes this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:34 pm
Squirrelling coins wrote:You can't. go wrong with Japanese cars at least they are reliable... generally

They were the most reliable cars you could buy - when they were made in Japan, my father had 2 Corollas, 2 Carinas, an Avensis and a Yaris Verso and I had a Corolla and 2 Camrys and inherited the Yaris Verso and I ran it for 9 years after he died and absoluely nothing went wrong with any of them, you forgot what it was like to put your hand in your pocket for repairs.  Now they are assembled in other countries they are still decent but no longer have bulletproof reliability.  The ones assembled in France are the worst. Be wary of gearbox issues in the French assembled Yaris.

Last edited by Rod Panhard on Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:37 pm
SanMarino wrote:Good news, hopefully it works out to be a good purchase.

I am amazed at some of the prices of cars 3-6 years old, they are not much cheaper than brand new.

When the used market crashes and it will, some dealers are going to be left with some heavy losses for cars they have over paid for.

Apparantly this is due to the microchip shortage, dealers can't supply new cars so used ones are selling for more than new cars in some cases, this seems to be affecting America more than it is here.

Admin likes this post

Squirrelling coins
Squirrelling coins

Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:46 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:
Squirrelling coins wrote:You can't. go wrong with Japanese cars at least they are reliable... generally

They were the most reliable cars you could buy - when they were made in Japan, my father had 2 Corollas, 2 Carinas, an Avensis and a Yaris Verso and I had a Corolla and 2 Camrys and inherited the Yaris Verso and I ran it for 9 years after he died and absoluely nothing went wrong with any of them, you forgot what it was like to put your hand in your pocket for repairs.  Now they are assembled in other countries they are still decent but no longer have bulletproof reliability.  The ones assembled in France are the worst.  Be wary of gearbox issues in the French assembled Yaris.

I know what you mean, we bought a Subaru because it was still made in Japan & 6 years on touch wood it has been great

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Squirrelling coins
Squirrelling coins

Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:49 pm
Admin wrote:Well... it is a Ford.... it is a Estate and it is Diesel. 

My wife had the whole Diesel thing as a picky note... she does around 20k a year in miles. So its cheaper.

Hope she will be happy with it

Admin likes this post

Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:40 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:
SanMarino wrote:Good news, hopefully it works out to be a good purchase.

Apparantly this is due to the microchip shortage, dealers can't supply new cars so used ones are selling for more than new cars in some cases, this seems to be affecting America more than it is here.

Yes it's microchips and (depending on make) also other parts. A relative runs a major dealership and they cannot get ANY new models. He's even had to tell customers who had outstanding orders 'really sorry we won't be able to sell you one'. A huge amount of his salary is bonus related to sales, so he's in real trouble financially, even though he has hundreds of potential customers.

People paying the higher prices now simply have no choice. If they want a car they have to pay the going rate!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum