The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Gold Ohhhhh yeah Empty Gold Ohhhhh yeah

Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:52 pm

tray likes this post

Gold Ohhhhh yeah Empty Re: Gold Ohhhhh yeah

Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:54 pm
Well poke me in the ribs with a sharp object, cover me in mustard, and call me Shirley - never did I think I'd see the day Shocked Shocked Shocked
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:22 pm
kimchi wrote:Well poke me in the ribs with a sharp object, cover me in mustard, and call me Shirley - never did I think I'd see the day Shocked Shocked Shocked
Hello Shirley - I'm afraid I'm out of mustard.

Admin likes this post

Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:43 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:

Cranberry sauce?

(I didn't kill Paul btw!)
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:18 pm
kimchi wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:

Cranberry sauce?

(I didn't kill Paul btw!)
I never thought you did, for one moment. Whoever he is. Or was.
No cranberry sauce either, sorry. Would some rather nice chilli and ginger sauce do instead?

Admin likes this post

Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:44 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
No cranberry sauce either, sorry. Would some rather nice chilli and ginger sauce do instead?

Goodness gracious me, no! What kind of a poltroon do you take me for?!! Shocked

(That is a rhetorical question by the way, thank you kindly in advance Smile)

Last edited by kimchi on Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:53 pm
@kimchi , I think many things of you, but not that you're a poltroon. In need of a dictionary, perhaps.  Gold Ohhhhh yeah 1f63d

Admin likes this post

Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:02 pm
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:27 pm
Brilliant cheers cheers cheers

Admin likes this post

Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:37 pm
Well I have to say the Youtube comments on this vid have taught me a huge amount in terms of how the Sovereign is perceived and dealt with in the USA. Fascinating stuff and I have wondered for a very long time, so for me this was an amazing topic to be addressed in a vid Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:30 am
kimchi wrote:Well I have to say the YouTube comments on this vid have taught me a huge amount in terms of how the Sovereign is perceived and dealt with in the USA. Fascinating stuff and I have wondered for a very long time, so for me this was an amazing topic to be addressed in a vid Very Happy
I have so many questions and knew the usual PR BS was just that. The Royal mint claims it is word wide and traded globally.  The problem is I have never seen it when I was growing up in America. But that said I didn't pay any attention to them when I was growing up. I only cared about Jewellery more than anything else and Eagles. 

I had a incline that the USA was more into Pesos than Sovs. What about Canada? or Australia ?  or even Germany ?

I want to hear from places across the globe.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:06 am
@Admin and @kimchi did I misunderstand? I thought the reference to the Sovereign by Kimchi was a reference to the monarch, given the subject of the video. I did look at the comments on YouTube and couldn't find very much, so I put it down to my being obtuse and gave up.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:05 pm
I might be confusing things. We all know I am in a permeant state of confusion. 

Sad but TRUE

I don't want to hide it.. Did I mess up again. 
Question Question Question

Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:33 pm
@The Cat's Mother I was referring to the Sovereign coins Smile I've been very interested for a while now about how popular/available they are in the US. It seems from the comments that they are not a stacking coin there, are rarely seen, and not attractive due to high premiums. This tells me that only a collector market exists for them. Hope that helps!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:48 pm
@Admin and  @kimchi I think I know where the source of my confusion arose. There are two videos on this thread: Admin's and the Blackadder episode posted by Kimchi. I thought  that Kimchi's comments were referring to the latter as he didn't specify and just said 'this vid', and it made sense for him to be commenting on the latest video to appear.

Admin likes this post

Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:06 pm
Admin wrote:
I have so many questions and knew the usual PR BS was just that. The Royal mint claims it is word wide and traded globally.  The problem is I have never seen it when I was growing up in America. But that said I didn't pay any attention to them when I was growing up. I only cared about Jewellery more than anything else and Eagles. 

I had a incline that the USA was more into Pesos than Sovs. What about Canada? or Australia ?  or even Germany ?

I want to hear from places across the globe.

Well trade with the colonies would have been in sovereigns. India, Canada and Australia all minted sovereigns for a number of years. I would be similarly interested in how they are viewed and collected now in Canada and Australia. In India they are traditionally a wedding gift but in modern times these are usually replicas. The Royal Mint licensed the sovereign back for Indian sovs from 2013 and they are still going. They now carry quite a premium. I remember being outraged when the company selling them in the UK went up to about £280 (the going rate for a basic sov was about £235 back then) lol, luckily I grabbed a few at the very reasonable price (now, looking back) of £250 - 260.

That was 2014/5. There were other opportunities back then that don't exist anymore. For example, some pure bullion dealers like Hatton Garden Metals sent out random sovs for the cheapest price - you might get something worth spot, or you might get something pretty rare! Now of course they check and add the proper premium.

The special year sovs were also very cheap compared to now up to about 2018. I think I got a proof half 1989 (the most popular modern year) for about £200. I wouldn't sell it for twice that now. Since then, the market has rocketed. I haven't checked recently as I don't like premium stuff generally but there may still be some good prices for special years 2002, and 2005 or 2012 (I forget which of the two latter ones). The 2017 (Pistrucci 200 year anniversary reverse) is also now too rich for my taste, luckily I have one lol.

Basically the ship has sailed there unless you get a seller who doesn't know what they are selling, or is really desperate for immediate cash in hand.

Some recent SotD (Strike on the Days) are underpriced slightly imo, though some are gimmicky for me (like the Victoria and Albert anniversaries) and won't do as well long term. I didn't like this year's as they have continued the Matte finish they started a few years ago. It will likely do well but premiums have also risen at the Mint too much for liking so it's quite a sizeable investment, and the quality of the Matte finish is notoriously poor on some (though they still achieve a PF70 as it's a production issue, not post-production damage).

Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:10 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:@Admin and  @kimchi I think I know where the source of my confusion arose. There are two videos on this thread: Admin's and the Blackadder episode posted by Kimchi. I thought  that Kimchi's comments were referring to the latter as he didn't specify and just said 'this vid', and it made sense for him to be commenting on the latest video to appear.

Sorry for the confusion! Oh blimey how I wish the Americans would deal with our monarch for us lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:59 pm
kimchi wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:@Admin and  @kimchi I think I know where the source of my confusion arose. There are two videos on this thread: Admin's and the Blackadder episode posted by Kimchi. I thought  that Kimchi's comments were referring to the latter as he didn't specify and just said 'this vid', and it made sense for him to be commenting on the latest video to appear.

Sorry for the confusion! Oh blimey how I wish the Americans would deal with our monarch for us lol!
Your joking right???? My country can not deal with choosing a half decent president for the past 15 years. LOL
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:35 pm
Well, they have Whatsisname and his Duchess now, so the next choice is obvious imvho. king queen

Admin likes this post

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:48 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Well, they have Whatsisname  and his Duchess now, so the next choice is obvious imvho. king queen

If you mean Charlie boy, he, like any monarch, can choose any of his forenames to reign as.

I am very much hoping he will be King Arthur, and he and his Knights of the Poundbury Table will go on the search for the Holy Quail (Duchy Original Organic) Smile
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:54 pm
Actually, @Admin , I was meaning Harry and Megs currently resident over the Pond and, allegedly, with political ambitions.

Admin likes this post

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:01 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Actually,  @Admin , I was meaning Harry and Megs currently resident over the Pond and, allegedly, with political ambitions.

Judging by his new thread, probably best not to involve  @Admin in any dastardly plot to try to confuse me at the moment TCM!!!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:39 pm
kimchi wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:Actually,  @Admin , I was meaning Harry and Megs currently resident over the Pond and, allegedly, with political ambitions.

Judging by his new thread, probably best not to involve  @Admin in any dastardly plot to try to confuse me at the moment TCM!!!
Oh Lord, sorry @kimchi , I'm losing it too.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:35 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
kimchi wrote:

Oh Lord, sorry  @kimchi , I'm losing it too.
I am infectious ... stay clear.... I might spread the mind loss on more.  What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:07 pm
I think it's time to reach for the underpants and pencils...

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum