The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

The gold Piedfort 2022 Sovereign (proof) Empty The gold Piedfort 2022 Sovereign (proof)

Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:39 pm
I've taken my eye off the ball here and it looks like dealers started selling their allocations just over a week ago,

If anyone wants one of these I would act now and contact dealers, or you run the risk of the dreaded Royal Mint 'queue' and not getting anything.

Release price afaik will be £1195. That has gone up quite a bit since the last Piedfort releases, and so gives those coins an immediate price boost.

Bear in mind this is for under half an ounce of gold. These are premium collector coins.

The gold Piedfort 2022 Sovereign (proof) Empty Re: The gold Piedfort 2022 Sovereign (proof)

Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:57 pm
I absolutely hate how the Royal Mint go back and change the release price on coins that sold out (or didn't) years ago, to adjust them with current prices. I think it's despicable actually.

Their link now says that the 2018 was £1100, or it implies it would be if available for purchase today (which would be fair enough, but it's not available and they know it - it hasn't been available for years):

https://www.royalmint.com/sovereign/2018/The-Piedfort-Sovereign-2018-Gold-Proof-Coin/

I don't think this year's mintage will be 2022, I think they will be very greedy indeed...
tray
tray

The gold Piedfort 2022 Sovereign (proof) Empty Re: The gold Piedfort 2022 Sovereign (proof)

Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:20 pm
The mint has got greedy with so many new releases then u have to wait months for them. A lot of people have an issues with the quality or lack of it.

Admin likes this post

Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:28 pm
tray wrote:The mint has got greedy with so many new releases then u have to wait months for them. A lot of people have an issues with the quality or lack of it.

Absolutely! I have long given up on them, even as a modern Sovereign collector! I got my Proofs for this year in fine/great condition and thank my lucky stars, others were not so fortunate. I am not risking it anymore with the joke that is the Royal Mint!

Sure, if direct from them  we can return for a refund, or try to exchange, but I simply don't have the time nor patience for their terrible standards anymore. (To anyone interested some dealers do their own quality control - to some extent - before dispatching to customers.)

I don't particularly like this year's design, but that means nothing - the now 'ultimate' modern proof is the 1989, which got a lot of flak at the time.

These Piedforts might be an opportunity, but not something I am recommending (I will not be buying one myself). I am happy enough with my previous years and the price bump this one has give them!

Just alerting folk that if they want one, now is the time to act Smile
tray
tray

Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:42 pm
Me too I have much older sovereigns did get this years
But i refuse to join a queue on the off chance the coins still in stock l. I wanted to get the monarchy series but the queue was horrendous so won't be getting them only have the first one
Tudor beast I have on consignment order so easy. I use lots of other mints instead

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:23 pm
WTF

I am looking to buy the 2022 Gold Sovereign .. just 1.. 

And here is what I found. 

Bullion by post     £367.10
Atkinsons            £ 366.90
Royal Mint           £ 371.25

Fortune8 likes this post

tray
tray

Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:32 pm
Tavex bullion £356.83

Admin and Fortune8 like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum