The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Tudor Beast Release Dates. Empty Tudor Beast Release Dates.

Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:18 am
Does anyone know the release date schedule for the 2oz silver bullion Tudor Beasts. It's my Great Neices 1st Birthday coming up soon and I had an idea to give her a Tudor Beast every Birthday and Christmas.  This means she will get something that should have a decent enough value when she is older but more importantly it means I don't have to worry about what to get for Birthdays and Christmas for 5 years.  You can only give a kid so many soft toys and clothing and she has plenty of other relatives to do this.

I think but am not certain that it's going to be 2 releases a year which is odd as they fast tracked the Queens Beast series due to concerns about how much longer Betty Battenberg was going to be around and this does not appear to be an issue this time round so it could even be a set with the novelty of the Monarchs head changing half way through.

I have the lion so that would do for the upcoming Birthday but when is the next one due out?  WIll it be out in time for Christmas? Anyone know?

Admin and Bondie like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tudor Beast Release Dates. Empty Re: Tudor Beast Release Dates.

Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:53 am
I was wondering the same @Rod Panhard . Like you, I thought there would be two a year, but it all seems to have gone a bit quiet. The mint does seem to be referring to the Lion as the second coin in the series with the Seymour Panther (which was only released in proof) as the first. Maybe they think they've now released two for this year. It all seems a bit messy - perhaps @SilverTrader has a clue, but the mint isn't showing any information on its website.
On a subsidiary point, I think it's a great idea to set your grandnift up with a collection. As you say, no need to think about anything for five years. Just as long as she doesn't use them as teething rings.

Admin, Rod Panhard and Bondie like this post

tray
tray

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:16 am
1oz TB released tomorrow they haven't gave a release date for the 2oz yet but it won't be long after
Had to talk to the mint and asked

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:26 am
tray wrote:1oz TB released tomorrow they haven't gave a release date for the 2oz yet but it won't be long after
Which one is it?

Admin likes this post

tray
tray

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:31 am
Oops didn't ask that but on the mint pics greyhound was third pic

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:50 am
Sounds logical - and @Rod Panhard can commission a box from Jon in case it isn't out by Christmas, to make sure there's a present continuing the theme. I think the Mint does need to get a move on though, HMQ is looking increasingly frail, and she's had a couple of very bad years.

tray
tray

Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:20 am
Yes Jon boxes are very recommended

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:48 am
tray wrote:1oz TB released tomorrow they haven't gave a release date for the 2oz yet but it won't be long after

Great, so if the 2oz bullion coin is not far behind it then I will get away with the Birthday and Christmas plan, happy days.

tray
tray

Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:50 am
Am at the mint on Sunday and will ask again

Admin, Rod Panhard, anch and Bondie like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:12 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Sounds logical - and  @Rod Panhard can commission a box from Jon in case it isn't out by Christmas, to make sure there's a present continuing the theme. I think the Mint does need to get a move on though, HMQ is looking increasingly frail, and she's had a couple of very bad years.

Boxes are on the website www.acebullion.co.uk 

But I have a few there. 

I put them on to gain a larger audience.

Rod Panhard and Bondie like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:29 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Sounds logical - and  @Rod Panhard can commission a box from Jon in case it isn't out by Christmas, to make sure there's a present continuing the theme. I think the Mint does need to get a move on though, HMQ is looking increasingly frail, and she's had a couple of very bad years.

Great idea, I already have a box which I was going to give along with the coin series anyway so always intended to get another one for my own set.

Bondie
Bondie

Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:48 am
Here are excerpts from an email discussion I’ve been having with the RM, after I asked about the release date of the Seymour Panther silver bullion coin:

21 December 2022 from RM:
“I have made some enquiries with the project managers on your behalf, who have confirmed that the 2oz Seymour Panther bullion coin will be released sometime next year. It is the last coin within the series to be issued and has not yet been given a release date. It is a coin that will be produced but I'm unable to confirm when at this point. May I ask that you come back around February/March and we should be able to provide you with more information then.”

7 March 2023 from RM:
“I have checked this with our planning team, who have been able to provide more accurate information regarding this.

Their response to my enquiry is as follows:
''The Seymour Panther bullion coin will be the last coin to be launched in the Tudor Beasts collection for Precious Metals.
We launch 2 a year and there will be 10 in total therefore the Panther will not be released until approximately September/October 2026.''“
(A little later than the original guesstimate of 2023!)

7 March 2023 from me to RM:
“Please could you find out for me the schedule of Tudor Beasts bullion coin release dates?”

7 March 2023 from RM:
“The Brilliant Uncirculated and Proof issues are being released at different time lines and in a different order to the Bullion range. I am unable to release a schedule for these due to the coins being under strict embargo with the treasury and Royal Proclamation. If you have not already done so, you may join our promotional literature email list for updates and communications on up and coming launches. The release dates can only be confirmed just prior to launch due to the embargo rules, however this will provide you with the information to order when available.

The Bullion production schedule is also unavailable to release to the public as this is also subject to change. As in the previous email, a guideline was provided for the one off coin, an exact date could not be provided for the same reasons. The best we can do is offer a full list of coins which have already been released in all standards. I have requested a consolidation list for you which will follow in due course.

I hope this information provides some insight into why we don't promote our launch roadmap.”

7 March 2023 from me to RM:
“I am not going to pretend to understand all that you’ve said (what is a consolidation list in this context?), but I appreciate your explanation.

I’ve already signed up for newsletter – is that what you mean by “promotional literature email list for updates and communications on up and coming launches”? Or is there something else I should join?

I look forward to receiving the consolidation list.”

Well, I don’t know if this is helpful or not, but there you have it. If the RM do send a consolidation list, let me know if you want a copy...

Rod Panhard likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:12 pm
Sounds like a standard Civil Service "Fob 'em off until we know what's going on because nobody is keeping us up to date either. With luck I'll have a new job and they'll die of old age in the meantime".

Bondie
Bondie

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:23 pm
@The Cat's Mother lol! lol! lol!
By the way, this exchange was with the Head of Customer Services department - I learned pretty quickly not to bother emailing the frontline staff (although they are quite good on the phone - just not emails)...

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum