The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Stressing out here.  Empty Stressing out here.

Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:04 pm
I am supposed to have a court hearing tomorrow for that dodgy car I bought for my wife. 

It is due to happen at 11am  but I am supposed to be ready 30 minutes before and essentially until 1230. 

They are doing a remote hearing and my letter states it is a CVP ( video hearing ) 

The problem I am having is that I can not get in touch with the court. I have spoken to Money Claims who confirmed whilst I was on the telephone with them that my court records were updated whilst talking to them. So I know the court has received my documents which is KEY ... because failing to send them in on time would be as if I did not attend. 

I have had no reply from the court, I do not know if it will go ahead tomorrow or not, Or if they will go by telephone call instead.  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

My ducks are rattled because I don't know where I stand atm.   Question   I have sent the court 2 emails., One to the same address I sent in the forms, and one to the main court house stating that I could not reach them by phone and that I am still available. I need a PIN and login details if I am to do a remote hearing. 

OHH monkeys I am just fed up......
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Stressing out here.  Empty Re: Stressing out here.

Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:22 pm
Ok looks like it WILL very going ahead tomorrow, but I will keep you all posted. I had a email saying they are going to send me the details later today.

Thought this picture was apt.

Stressing out here.  Screen27

ArcaneCollector and tray like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:23 pm
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow @Admin . Fingers crossed all goes as well as you hope.

AceBullion likes this post

tray
tray

Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:09 pm
Hope all goes well x

AceBullion likes this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor

Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:24 pm
Thank you both. I have a PIN now.

So it's on like Donkey Kong
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:07 pm
Once you have won your hearing, I have a great car to sell you. One careful owner. Just needs a wash. I’ll do you a great deal.
Stressing out here.  Bfeaaf10

Admin, The Cat's Mother and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:11 am
ArcaneCollector wrote:Once you have won your hearing, I have a great car to sell you. One careful owner. Just needs a wash. I’ll do you a great deal.
Stressing out here.  Bfeaaf10
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I love you guys. 

I am S...ting bricks here. 

I have NEVER been before a judge. Yikes. 

Less than 2 hours. I have my camera, audio and everything set up. I have all my paperwork ready. I have my lawyers advice. I don't know how I can loose, but I am worried I will bumble it up.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:18 am
Take deep breaths; don't get angry whatever the provocation; if you don't understand something say so and ask for clarification; do everything the judge tells you to and be very polite to him/her.
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor

Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:30 am
I am breathing, on the verge of hyperventilating

How do I look?

Logging into court now

Stressing out here.  20221012

Jazz and ArcaneCollector like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:04 pm
You looked good. Hope it went ok.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:55 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:You looked good. Hope it went ok.
I was not sure what to expect, 

But this was a preliminary hearing. 

The defendant was caught off guard that I had it sent for a MOT and of course it failed horribly. 

She was not prepared at all, The judge asked both of us if we would be willing to settle. I said I was after the full amount, she still disputes any wrong doing. 

So what happens now.... Well some time in the NEW YEAR.   I will be going to a proper 2 freaken hour long video court case called litigation... This is where I put forth all my points and arguements, she then has to defend them. But as the car is not roadworthy and clearly did not match the description and was falsely advertised I hope that I will have a ruling in my favour. It is a bugger I need to wait that long. 

I have to send her details of witness statements, MOT and other crud.... and she has to send me her arguement and witness statements. IE who she bought the car from!!!! this should be a laugh. 

So I am done for today. It took a lot out of me. It was scary and I was not sure what to expect. But at least I looked good doing it. LOL with my Jeans on but no one seen that. 

Next time I will wear a tie. 

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

ArcaneCollector likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:18 pm
It sounds to have gone as well as you could have expected. No hints from the judge that you don't have a leg to stand on (with or without jeans), so that's promising. Keep an eye on the timescales for sending out your documents, and make sure you get hers. Then get your teeth sharpened.
If you do decide to wear a tie, we want pictures.  Stressing out here.  1f63d  Stressing out here.  1f63d

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:00 pm
I feel that you will win. The question is how much will you get? Part, full or more (compensation for the hassle and distress)? Pity they are dragging it out but you have to go through due process.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:12 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:I feel that you will win. The question is how much will you get? Part, full or more (compensation for the hassle and distress)? Pity they are dragging it out but you have to go through due process.

This is the point that I am confused over. I have already set an amount XXXXX that I am seeking. I assumed it was going to a small claims court. This appears ( now the adrenaline has worn off ) as a unnecessary step. 

The Judge was very polite and told us that it would take time. 

But I agree, the longer this drags out, the more likely she will find ways of not paying. Perhaps transferring her title of her new car into her partners name. Etc. 

I have no problems getting bailiffs onto her if I win. I just need to convince the judge that she lied and tried to hide it. Which I think I have more than enough proof to discredit her and to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt she is evil!!!! 

Anyway I am done for now, I really am shattered!!! This took a lot of energy, and to look at her face whilst waiting for the Judge.... OMG I had to hold back and not turn my Mic on.. She left hers on.  geek   But I am putting everything together professionally, and I am going to seek another solicitors opinion before..... Just to be safe.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum