The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Year of the Rabbit by the Perth Mint Empty Year of the Rabbit by the Perth Mint

Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:17 pm

Rod Panhard and denby like this post

denby
denby

Year of the Rabbit by the Perth Mint Empty Re: Year of the Rabbit by the Perth Mint

Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:37 pm
Great coins as usual from Martin/ Perth Mint, however £22, £36 and £69 prices respectively is a huge pricing change for all 3 of these coins.  With the silver price under £18 an ounce today it looks as though inflation in Australia is as bad or worse than the UK. Last years prices were £18, £33 and £63 ish.  22% 11% and 10%, increases for us collectors. I suppose manufacture, freight, delivery increases all have to be covered here. Royal Mail loss over £200 million this year!

Looks like £36 for a quality minted 1oz silver coin ie 100% margin is something we will have to get used to in the future.

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Year of the Rabbit by the Perth Mint Empty Re: Year of the Rabbit by the Perth Mint

Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:57 pm
denby wrote:Great coins as usual from Martin/ Perth Mint, however £22, £36 and £69 prices respectively is a huge pricing change for all 3 of these coins.  With the silver price under £18 an ounce today it looks as though inflation in Australia is as bad or worse than the UK. Last years prices were £18, £33 and £63 ish.  22% 11% and 10%, increases for us collectors. I suppose manufacture, freight, delivery increases all have to be covered here. Royal Mail loss over £200 million this year!

Looks like £36 for a quality minted 1oz silver coin ie 100% margin is something we will have to get used to in the future.

I think there is slightly more to it... and I say this with a perfect reference.  I believe timing of the minting and materials at the time are calculated... Plus the others ie shipping etc. 

BUT let me say that Although THESE have been marked up.... If you look at the Germania Mint and the 2oz carded Fenrir and Fafnir you will or would have seen that the first one.. the Dragon was priced at £320!!!! And this second one the hellhound dog was priced at £185 

That was from The Silver Trader..... 

So this year we are looking at a saving of £135 for the second in the series.   still ALOT for 2oz of silver but yeah... 

Shocked  Pricing seems all over the place, take the US Mint.. and Eagles, Verse Maples. WHY? 
And we know about the Britannia's  

It is good to shop smartly, and to be careful. But if your collecting a series it kind of sucks when you have to pay out or hope the price drops...  Evil or Very Mad and then miss out or pay even more.... been there done that.  Rolling Eyes

The Cat's Mother, Rod Panhard and denby like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:03 pm
denby wrote:Great coins as usual from Martin/ Perth Mint, however £22, £36 and £69 prices respectively is a huge pricing change for all 3 of these coins.  With the silver price under £18 an ounce today it looks as though inflation in Australia is as bad or worse than the UK. Last years prices were £18, £33 and £63 ish.  22% 11% and 10%, increases for us collectors. I suppose manufacture, freight, delivery increases all have to be covered here. Royal Mail loss over £200 million this year!

Absolutely agree, for years i was envious of how easily and how cheaply the US stackers could get silver but today they are paying the exact same as us and that's with us in the UK paying 20% VAT.  As of right now Apmex want $39 for a 2022 US Silver Eagle so £32.77 which is about what we pay for an oz of silver.  Even junk silver (constitutional silver I hate the term junk silver) now carries a $10 over spot premium.
I bought the 1/2 Perth Lunar Rabbit because I have all the others but the £22 price tag was hard to bear. It's looking to me like the dealers have decided what the real price of silver should be and it's nothing like what the Comex or LBMA have decided on.

Admin and denby like this post

denby
denby

Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:20 pm
Hopefully at last the Comex and LBMA do lose control of the market pricing for the paper silver and gold prices as well as the real physical price manipulations.

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:32 pm
denby wrote:Hopefully at last the Comex and LBMA do lose control of the market pricing for the paper silver and gold prices as well as the real physical price manipulations.

It has to happen one day, it's like platinum and palladium, one day the auto industry says it needs them both and they lost control of the paper derivatives market and the price of both rocketed but they are much more willing to let metals that don't have history as money go they are determined to keep more of a stranglehold on the metals that are regarded as money.
One day the paper price is going to get so riduculously out of whack with the physical commodity they will have to let it rise especially as silver is essential for all the solar panels and batteries in this green sustanable future they are peddling. It's about the only commodity nowhere near it's all time highs in recent years when the supply chain squeezes hit everything thanks to the insane covid policy. Silver and gold will probably be the last things to go but when they go they will really go. The dream scenario for us stackers is for some kind of return to a gold standard as gold would need to be revalued to over $50,000 and ounce to match current M1 money supply.

denby
denby

Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:21 pm
Over £40000 per oz for Gold? So silver could be £4000/oz before I die, at 10 times more silver than gold in our little planet earth! Wow, I am going to live till I am 100 if I have to, so that I am going to witness this happening. Well it may sound crazy to most, but during the lockdown we witnessed a digit in a computer called bitcoin go to $60000 for one eh! Makes you think the sky could be the limit one day soon! Pleasant dreams.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:24 pm
I don't want to be a bummer but I think the price of Gold and Silver will be in our lifetimes no more than 100 per oz and 4000 per oz 

but hey .. that is only a view, an opinion and I hope it will change...  but who knows.. for those prices to hit that high I feel the world would be in major difficulties.

Rod Panhard and denby like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:45 pm
Admin wrote:I don't want to be a bummer but I think the price of Gold and Silver will be in our lifetimes no more than 100 per oz and 4000 per oz 

but hey .. that is only a view, an opinion and I hope it will change...  but who knows.. for those prices to hit that high I feel the world would be in major difficulties.

I think major difficulties are coming but most have yet to realise it, the UK government have been humming and hawing for months now about whether or not we are in a recession but are only now finally admitting it.  I don't think we are in a recession I think we are rapidly heading for the greatest depression and it's global.  In 2008 commercial banks were bailed out by central banks and today it's the central banks that need bailing out as they are all insolvent.  

They are making a big deal of this FTX / Alameda Capital collapse and how crypto needs regulated to avoid massive ponzi schemes and yes these crypto exhcanges are trading cryptos they don't have and it will take months to see what other organisations are going to be brought down along with it due to all the counter party risk and who is on the other end of the trades that are now all bust but then again it's no different to what the banks are doing with their paper derivatives and fractional reserve banking. If FTX is another Lehman moment but 10x worse according to the narrative then how long before the next bank fails and it's being referred to as another FTX moment but 10x worse?

The world has never been where it is today, in the past only one or two countries went through depressions and hyper inflations while the rest of the world was generally OK, today just about every country is completely insolvent and massivley over leveraged.  In the past they could get away with putting interest rates to 18% to combat inflation but today government debt is so massive they can't even get to nominal interest rates of 5% because they can't handle the interest this would put on what they owe.  The BOE was the first one to blink but they will all be back to QE and reversing the paltry interest rate rises they have been creeping up of late, I'm going for March next year for the FED pivot.  They know they have painted themselves into a corner and there is no way out hence all this talk of a reset and the efforts to demolish the economy in as orderly way as possible but they all have so many plates spinning it's only a matter of time before they all come down.

I am one cheery chappie,  ho ho ho everyone lol!

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:02 pm
Talking about the original post about the cost of silver coins vs spot price, I understand that spot price is of little relevance. Due to the cost of mining, if spot drops too low, the mine just stops or holds back product from the market. Otherwise they would go bust. Then there are increases in fuel costs globally and inflation hitting the mint, distribution etc. I bet dealers such as Martin are not making huge premiums. Yes the coin may be double the spot price, but their markup is minimal, and that’s a more accurate reflection of the cost/value of silver coins. And they hold their value when selling. Just don’t sell to a dealer offering spot!

Admin, Rod Panhard and denby like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum