The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Hillwalker

Presentation boxes for 55mm capsules. Empty Presentation boxes for 55mm capsules.

Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:56 pm
For some time, I have been looking for a nice presentation box to hold my QB collection but could not find one that would hold 55mm capsules. I looked everywhere but no joy.

A member on another forum pointed me to Jon Ramsey at Ace Bullion. Jon, very kindly designed and produced a box with two layers to hold the ten coins and the Completer. Each layer and lid is held together using magnets.

Although this one is designed for eleven coins it don't see anything that would stop it from being modified to accommodate many more capsules using multiple levels.

I would certainly recommend Ace Bullion.

Thanks Jon.

The Cat's Mother and AceBullion like this post

Hillwalker

Presentation boxes for 55mm capsules. Empty Re: Presentation boxes for 55mm capsules.

Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:59 pm
Presentation boxes for 55mm capsules. Qb110
Presentation boxes for 55mm capsules. Qb210
Presentation boxes for 55mm capsules. Qb310

The Cat's Mother likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Presentation boxes for 55mm capsules. Empty Re: Presentation boxes for 55mm capsules.

Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:22 pm
It does look very good @Hillwalker . Seeing the photos made it clear, all the commercially available boxes for Queen's Beasts are made for the close fitting capsules, and your coins are in the capsules with foam rings.
Meine Munzbox do 55mm insert trays for their large universal coin box, but the tray holds 12 coins, so you would have a space left over which wouldn't be good.
Jon does a Tudor Beasts box too.

AceBullion, tray and Hillwalker like this post

Hillwalker

Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:40 pm
Thanks, I apologise for the poor photography. The coins are nice and shiny throughout :-)

Admin and AceBullion like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:54 pm
Hillwalker wrote:Thanks, I apologise for the poor photography. The coins are nice and shiny throughout :-)
The photos are fine: I can't do any owing to lack of the necessary tech. Or, at least, lack of the motivation to use a card reader, upload photos from my camera to my laptop and then post them.

AceBullion and Hillwalker like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:55 pm
Hillwalker wrote:For some time, I have been looking for a nice presentation box to hold my QB collection but could not find one that would hold 55mm capsules. I looked everywhere but no joy.

A member on another forum pointed me to Jon Ramsey at Ace Bullion. Jon, very kindly designed and produced a box with two layers to hold the ten coins and the Completer. Each layer and lid is held together using magnets.

Although this one is designed for eleven coins it don't see anything that would stop it from being modified to accommodate many more capsules using multiple levels.

I would certainly recommend Ace Bullion.

Thanks Jon.

I am very happy that you luke the box's made for your grandchildren. The custom boxes can be tricky but you nailed the measurements.

Hillwalker likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum