The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
PJ_Ray
PJ_Ray

Thoughts please  - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts please

Wed May 31, 2023 5:34 am
Bondie wrote:Hi gang. Quick question - has anyone ever bought pre-owned gold coins from Atkinsons? Would you recommend this? Thank you Very Happy

I bought 5 pre-owned bullion sovs from Atkinsons and one of them was particularly rough, like noticeably extra worn. I pondered this for a while, (because they were used bullion after all), and came to the conclusion that if I sold it privately, I would feel obliged to disclose how very worn it was to any potential seller.

I contacted Atkinsons and told them of my concerns and they arranged an immediate swap, no questions, no quibble and no problem. For that reason, they are one of my 'go to' dealers.

Admin and Bondie like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Wed May 31, 2023 9:08 am
PJ_Ray wrote:
Bondie wrote:Hi gang. Quick question - has anyone ever bought pre-owned gold coins from Atkinsons? Would you recommend this? Thank you Very Happy

I bought 5 pre-owned bullion sovs from Atkinsons and one of them was particularly rough, like noticeably extra worn. I pondered this for a while, (because they were used bullion after all), and came to the conclusion that if I sold it privately, I would feel obliged to disclose how very worn it was to any potential seller.

I contacted Atkinsons and told them of my concerns and they arranged an immediate swap, no questions, no quibble and no problem. For that reason, they are one of my 'go to' dealers.

It is service like that which makes you keep going back to a company.

I appreciate that and when I was reading your story I thought ... oh no... not a horror story... but instead a happy ending.
yeah!!!!!

Bondie likes this post

Bondie
Bondie

Wed May 31, 2023 11:16 am
PJ_Ray wrote:

Thanks @PJ_Ray It's good to know they are helpful in those circumstances! Very Happy

Admin and denby like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Wed May 31, 2023 11:44 am
I've only ever bought new Sovs from Atkinsons but I have bought pre-owned gold from Hatton Garden Metals, they actually give you pics of what you are getting though so you have more of an idea what to expect something Atkinsons don't do.  I have bought pre-owned silver bars from Atkinsons however and they turned out to be super rare ones with a high premium so I actually dipped in on that one.

Admin, denby and Bondie like this post

Bondie
Bondie

Wed May 31, 2023 12:18 pm
Hi @Rod Panhard That sounds like a great service from HGM. I'll certainly bear that in mind! Thank you Rod Very Happy

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum