The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Pressburg Mint Vivat Humanitas 2023 1oz Silver coin Empty Pressburg Mint Vivat Humanitas 2023 1oz Silver coin

Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:06 pm
Number 5
What do you collectors think of the new design?

Bondie likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Pressburg Mint Vivat Humanitas 2023 1oz Silver coin Empty Re: Pressburg Mint Vivat Humanitas 2023 1oz Silver coin

Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:36 pm
I think there's a problem with YouTube, the page crashes every time I try to go on it. It worked perfectly yesterday.
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Pressburg Mint Vivat Humanitas 2023 1oz Silver coin Empty Re: Pressburg Mint Vivat Humanitas 2023 1oz Silver coin

Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:38 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I think there's a problem with YouTube, the page crashes every time  I try to go on it. It worked perfectly yesterday.

It's working for me on my phone. I just clicked the link.
Anyone else having issues?

Bondie likes this post

Bondie
Bondie

Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:27 pm
It worked for me on my PC. Just watched it a few minutes ago and all was well Smile

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:38 pm
Well, youtube is still not co-operating with Opera but I managed to get it through Firefox. The wonders of modern technology!
This series is one that I decided not to pursue because the Pressburg Mint series were getting out of hand - hollow laugh when I think of what I got into since. I'm collecting Terra and Equilibrium, so waiting for this year's Terra now. They were (are) all beautiful series and seeing the whole series together was  amazing. I do think though that the building on the latest coin looks a bit like Leeds Town Hall without the cupola. lol!

Admin and Bondie like this post

Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:17 pm
That was an interesting review. My only guess about this coin not having an effigy of the queen is that maybe there's an interim period before introducing King Charles. Just don't know.

But I like the emblem so as to draw more identification to Niue.

Edited

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:10 pm
Periodic Table wrote:That was an interesting review. My only guess about this coin not having an effigy of the queen is that maybe there's an interim period before introducing King Charles. Just don't know.

But I like the emblem so as to draw more identification to Niue.

Edited

This coin is a nice and simple set that has had 3 changes bless. and its only been going for 5 years. Can you imagine coin 6 with King Charles. LOL omg. It would be the most confusing coin set ever.

Bondie likes this post

Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:19 pm
[quote="Admin"]
Periodic Table wrote:

This coin is a nice and simple set that has had 3 changes bless. and its only been going for 5 years. Can you imagine coin 6 with King Charles. LOL omg. It would be the most confusing coin set ever.

Most confusing indeed. One Pressburg Mint, three Tokelaus and one Niue. And the sixth?... Drum 🥁 roll please... Very Happy
Bondie
Bondie

Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:36 pm
Very Happy
Periodic Table wrote:
Admin wrote:
Periodic Table wrote:

Most confusing indeed. One Pressburg Mint, three Tokelaus and one Niue. And the sixth?... Drum 🥁 roll please... Very Happy

I’m no gambler, but if I were, I’d put money on it being another Niue…

Admin likes this post

Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:35 pm
Bondie wrote:Very Happy
Periodic Table wrote:
Admin wrote:
Periodic Table wrote:

I’m no gambler, but if I were, I’d put money on it being another Niue…

I'm with you on putting my money on Niue. The other bet is whether King Charles or the Niue emblem will be on the coin.🤔
Bondie
Bondie

Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:01 pm
Hmm  @Periodic Table, I think the Niue heraldry might be in the running!

Admin likes this post

Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:12 pm
Bondie wrote:Hmm  @Periodic Table, I think the Niue heraldry might be in the running!

It's in the running but we won't know until next year. We'll stay tuned to the PMF... Same PMF time... Same PMF Channel. Very Happy
Bondie
Bondie

Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:18 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
Bondie wrote:Hmm  @Periodic Table, I think the Niue heraldry might be in the running!

It's in the running but we won't know until next year. We'll stay tuned to the PMF... Same PMF time... Same PMF Channel. Very Happy

I like your thinking  @Periodic Table Cool Very Happy

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:49 pm
The Niue coins coming out seem to have the Niue coat of arms. I'm not sure they ever had the UK monarch's head on them.

Bondie
Bondie

Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:54 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:The Niue coins coming out seem to have the Niue coat of arms. I'm not sure they ever had the UK monarch's head on them.

Hi  @The Cat's Mother The Truth Series, comprising of the Roaring Lion of Judah and the Tree of Life, have had the Queen’s effigy on them. I hope this helps!

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:02 am
Hi @Bondie . I was wrong about Niue never having the Queen's head, but it is a bit complicated. I've had a totally non-exhaustive bit of a look round, and the position varies:
Roaring Lions 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 have the Queen's head. 2023 has the Niue crest.
Tree of Life 2018 - 2022 have the Queen's head. I don't think the 2023 is out yet.
The Ram of Calvary (newly out and the next in the Truth series) has the Niue crest.
In 2021 Shrek had the Niue crest but the Pirates of the Caribbean Flying Dutchman and the Empress had the Queen's head. These were to only ones I looked at, just to get a flavour.
2022 coins had the Queen's head, but the Icons of Inspiration and Baby Yoda had the Niue crest. Again, these were the only ones I looked at.
Everything I looked at for 2023 has the crest, and I suspect Niue is moving away from the monarch's head.

Bondie
Bondie

Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:12 pm
@The Cat's Mother, that certainly is a bit complicated, but well done for having a good dig around to find this information! I agree with you that Niue will probably stick with its crest and move away from the monarch's head. It must create a lot of extra work for the mints when a monarch changes Smile

Admin likes this post

Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:22 pm
Niue had introduced their new heraldry in 2021 and that may have played a role in putting it on their most recent coins. We'll have to wait for their next releases to see if they stick with it or use the monarch's head.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum