The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Pressburg Mint Terra Coin.  Empty Pressburg Mint Terra Coin.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:04 pm
The series continues.

The Cat's Mother and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Pressburg Mint Terra Coin.  Empty Re: Pressburg Mint Terra Coin.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:38 pm
Thank you for the honourable mention Jon.  According to my records, the first (the medal) was listed by the mint as having been made in 2017. There was then a bit of a gap until the first coin appeared in 2020.
This has been an odd series (I am collecting it, along with Equilibrium). Up until now both sides of the coins have had beautiful designs worth displaying, with a tiny inset for the country, but this one has King Charles' portrait taking up all the obverse. To be honest, it isn't really all that attractive and I am wondering whether to continue with buying two. I may do just in case they revert next year. The reverse design is a bit meh too, when compared to past issues.
Another oddity is that 2020, 2021 and 2022 coins were issued by Tokelau with a five dollar denomination, but 2023 was issued by Niue with a 2 dollar denomination. All four had insets for the Queen's head (Tokelau) and the Public Seal of Nuie. Now we're back to Tokelau, and a full size royal portrait and a value of 5 dollars. I wonder what they will do next year.
Interestingly, the same has happened with the Equilibrium series: 1-5 issued by Tokelau and 6 by Niue. The main difference is that the obverse of the coins in that series are all standard and fully cover the surface, so I've only had to buy one of each (sorry Martin). 2024 hasn't come out yet, so we shall see what they've done with that.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Pressburg Mint Terra Coin.  Empty Re: Pressburg Mint Terra Coin.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:12 pm
Just seen a picture of the 2024 Equilibrium: they've gone back to Tokelau, and the obverse is a full size portrait of Charles.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum