The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Ebay Gone Weird Empty Ebay Gone Weird

Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:20 pm
What's going on with Ebay nowadays?  I was trying to win a slabbed US Eagle and trying to do a last minute snipe but the times are all over the place, the auction would say one time and when I went to the screen to bid it would change and add time and when it ended there is a message saying "The auction is over, we are trying to determine the winner"  Never seen this before.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Ebay Gone Weird Empty Re: Ebay Gone Weird

Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:28 pm
I got that response once, and did end up winning the auction, but I agree about the timings going haywire mow and again. I mostly 'buy it now', but I tend to snipe in auctions, and it can be irritating to say the least when the two clocks don't coincide.

Rod Panhard likes this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:34 pm
It turns out I won the auction, £26 for a 2014 MS69 US Eagle which is fine with me but it was massively frustrating to have the time jumping around all over the place.

Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:19 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:It turns out I won the auction, £26 for a 2014 MS69 US Eagle which is fine with me but it was massively frustrating to have the time jumping around all over the place.

Kudos to your perseverance Rod. I haven't placed last second bidding in years. But I remember it being fun with great anticipation. Nowadays, I hit the Buy Now tab like TCM does. Sometimes, I'll hit the Make Offer button to save a few bucks.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum