The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Silver Buying Issues On Ebay Empty Silver Buying Issues On Ebay

Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:19 pm
I noticed there was a new 2oz Egyptian Gods series round released, the Sekhmet, not sure exactly how long it's been out but I've only just spotted it and this is a set I am collecting so tried to buy one on Ebay from the US from sellers who post to the UK. The sales page has the cost of the round and the postage charge to the UK and the tax amount that is due payable up front so it all looks geared up for a hassle free sale from a US seller who is happy to sell to the UK. However when I actually try and commit to the purchase I am met with the following message and it won't let me progress any further.

In certain categories, including the Bullion category, selling internationally isn't allowed. This helps to protect eBay buyers and sellers.

You may be able to purchase a similar item on the eBay site closest to your country of registration.

Does anyone know what's going on here, why have everything set out for an international sale only to not allow it, also does anyone know anywhere else I can lay may hands on one of these?

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Silver Buying Issues On Ebay Empty Re: Silver Buying Issues On Ebay

Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:07 am
Hi Rod
I'm collecting this set too, and I had a similar experience a short while ago.  was puzzled as I have made a number of eBay purchases of silver from the US, the latest two being 10th and 16th January. As you say, there is no indication right up until checkout that there was an issue. If it happens again, I might contact eBay and ask when this rule was brought in.
On the specific point, Sekhmet has been out for a while. I do happen to have a spare if you need one ........ If you're interested, please PM me. I also have a spare Khnum and Osiris.

Tiny update. I have messaged to sellers on eBay that I buy from, and asked if they know what this is about. I'll report back as soon as I hear anything.

Last edited by The Cat's Mother on Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:39 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi Rod
I'm collecting this set too, and I had a similar experience a short while ago.  was puzzled as I have made a number of eBay purchases of silver from the US, the latest two being 10th and 16th January. As you say, there is no indication right up until checkout that there was an issue. If it happens again, I might contact eBay and ask when this rule was brought in.
On the specific point, Sekhmet has been out for a while. I do happen to have a spare if you need one ........ If you're interested, please PM me. I also have a spare Khnum and Osiris.

Tiny update. I have messaged to sellers on eBay that I buy from, and asked if they know what this is about. I'll report back as soon as I hear anything.

I've sent you a PM back, I've got everything apart from the Sekhmet so if you can sort me out with one that would be great thanks.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:16 pm
Hello again, especially @Rod Panhard . I have heard back from one of the eBay sellers I asked, and his reply was:

"I'm not sure why you or others might be seeing that message. I use Ebay's Global Shipping Program and when I open up my shipping details it's showing "United Kingdom" as a legitimate shipping destination.
Whether there's an issue with bullion, well I suppose each country might have different policies on that, but I've certainly mailed out quite a few bullion products internationally with no issues."

So it's still something of a mystery. If I have the same thing happen again I might ask eBay direct.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:45 am
Update on the above post. I have heard from the second seller, as follows:

"Hello' this change happened on Feb. 1. I was not warned and only found out when customers first told me. Maybe you could pass on."

I don't know if it's an eBay rule change or national laws. I might dig further.

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:25 am
Thanks TCM, I must admit I stopped selling silver when the posties stopped taking signatures for stuff, just Ebay being Ebay I suppose.  This is going to make buying stuff from the US more difficult as there are already some large US dealers who have stopped selling to the UK as well.

Last edited by The Cat's Mother on Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Anonymity)

Admin likes this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:10 pm
https://www.providentmetals.com/coin-series/egyptian-gods.html
These guys might have them

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:39 pm
m&m prospecting wrote:https://www.providentmetals.com/coin-series/egyptian-gods.html
These guys might have them
They do, but they only ship within the US and @Rod Panhard and I are both in the UK. This is a problem with quite a lot of dealers in the US, and I suspect it's because they're doing well enough not to want to be bothered with international shipping.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:43 pm
Rod if you need help let me know

I have contacts in America. I am sure members will confirm that I have helped  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil But it is like Fight club. Got it! 

EVERYONE

RE Posting Bullion. there is an announcement coming. I have been talking to you know who. And we are figuring out a few things. FLEAbay has probably jumped on something that they shouldn't have. BUT There is a issue and more will follow. NO you wont find this on any search forms. No one is talking about it yet. 

And YES I will notify you all first. 

If not the other person will. But there you go. 
Keep a eye out for a NEWS post. And possibly a video to follow.

Rod Panhard likes this post

m&m prospecting dislikes this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:18 pm
I'll help anyone if they want to pay for shipping and good im legit just trying to do my part and help

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:32 am
m&m prospecting wrote:I'll help anyone if they want to pay for shipping and good im legit just trying to do my part and help

I might just take you up on that @m&m prospecting . I'm part way through two or three series of rounds that don't generally come over to the UK and although I'm up to date at the moment, when the new issues come out I will be looking for a way to acquire them. I would only pester you as a last resort, as it is an imposition, but it's great to know that there is a lifeline.

Admin, Rod Panhard and m&m prospecting like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:40 am
m&m prospecting wrote:I'll help anyone if they want to pay for shipping and good im legit just trying to do my part and help

That's good of you mate, likewise if there's anything you need sent in the opposite direction I'm happy to help.

Admin and m&m prospecting like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:41 pm
This is AWESOME

I have a safe way to ship, but it is better that members arrange things with members. 

But please for petes sake make sure you do it right. Otherwise it can get really messy. Pointers might follow in the General section.

Rod Panhard likes this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:23 am
I totally agree maybe signature verification would be best as tracking

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:08 am
m&m prospecting wrote:I totally agree maybe signature verification would be best as tracking
There is A lot more to it. 

Firstly packaging, I will put a thread up.    I had 2 packages sent by the same person that never arrived.. Well the packaging did. But really. 

Then there is what to write on the customs forms. 

then what to add and other things to ensure it arrives safe and fast. 

The key is not to take the micky. Or P.55 so to speak. 

Remember But I will make a new thread. YES tracking is a must. No point in loosing reputation over a silly mistake which is out of your control.

m&m prospecting dislikes this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:24 am
Sounds good

Admin likes this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:28 am
How soon are you thinking about doing this jon
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:33 am
m&m prospecting wrote:How soon are you thinking about doing this jon

There is a basic thread already up bud. It is under General Discussion on the home page.

m&m prospecting likes this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:36 am
Will see if I can find it

Admin likes this post

ANT ORTA
ANT ORTA
https://www.youtube.com

Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:59 am
In my experience buying precious metals on eBay have been flawless crossing fingers I am from. The US so shipping has never been a problem maybe. U should use a straw buyer ( have someone buy it And ship it Separately just a thought

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:24 pm
ANT ORTA wrote:In my experience buying precious metals on eBay have been flawless crossing fingers I am from. The US so shipping has never been a problem  maybe. U should use a straw buyer  ( have someone buy it And ship it Separately just a thought

If you read between the lines you will see thats what I have been doing. LOL
ANT ORTA
ANT ORTA
https://www.youtube.com

Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:00 pm
Yeah I understand , eBay is a good place to score some cheap silver or some rare pieces

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:46 pm
I have a bit of an update on this thread. I have just bought a silver round (2oz Bellerophon and the Chimaera from the Intaglio Mint if anyone's interested) on eBay from a dealer in the US. The sale went through without any hitches, and the round will be sent via the Global Shipping Programme with all taxes paid up front as has been the case in the past. The round was described in the listing as '2 troy oz of .999 Fine Silver GEM BU'. Obviously, it isn't in my sticky paws yet, but fingers crossed the issues with eBay are being resolved.
Has anyone else had recent experience of buying silver on eBay?

Admin, Rod Panhard and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:15 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I have a bit of an update on this thread. I have just bought a silver round (2oz Bellerophon and the Chimaera from the Intaglio Mint if anyone's interested) on eBay from a dealer in the US. The sale went through without any hitches, and the round will be sent via the Global Shipping Programme with all taxes paid up front as has been the case in the past. The round was described in the listing as '2 troy oz of .999 Fine Silver GEM BU'. Obviously, it isn't in my sticky paws yet, but fingers crossed the issues with eBay are being resolved.
Has anyone else had recent experience of buying silver on eBay?
I bought my Guy Faux from Ebay, and I got very lucky on that graded piece. Infact I was the only one to bid and I won a silly price! 

But I know if I want anything from the states I will contact  @JOE DURBIN or  @Jeepingjohn or even  @m&m prospecting for shipping things off to me. 

I have more than that but those are the people I trust.

m&m prospecting likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum