The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Should you stop buying Silver and Gold? Empty Should you stop buying Silver and Gold?

Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:16 pm
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Should you stop buying Silver and Gold? Empty Re: Should you stop buying Silver and Gold?

Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:17 pm
That was a good rant @Admin . As a newbie to silver collecting (I don't stack), I will follow your instruction and not advise anybody on buying precious metals, being as where I know nuffink. Grammar is a different matter Should you stop buying Silver and Gold? 1f63d

Incidentally, I noticed that you had a Giants of the Ice Age Box on the table, but only half was showing. Would it be possible to have a look at the entire thing? I tried to look on the Forum, but had no success.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Should you stop buying Silver and Gold? Empty Re: Should you stop buying Silver and Gold?

Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:57 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:That was a good rant  @Admin . As a newbie to silver collecting (I don't stack), I will follow your instruction and not advise anybody on buying precious metals, being as where I know nuffink. Grammar is a different matter  Should you stop buying Silver and Gold? 1f63d

Incidentally, I noticed that you had a Giants of the Ice Age Box on the table, but only half was showing. Would it be possible to have a look at the entire thing? I tried to look on the Forum, but had no success.
I shown that in my last video for the Giants of the ice age.

But I will happily put a picture up in the boxes section and tag you when I do. 

Thank you for your reply re the video. I am frustrated with some YouTubers claiming to know it all. But those people have only started buying silver a couple of years ago. Like most they jump in and think they can get rich quick. These attract a huge following in members which is kinda annoying. But it does and people believe this BS. 

It is not doom and gloom. I have no right to tell anyone what to buy or not to buy. Apart from when I am selling something. I feel and felt it was my duty to tell the person who wanted a Kilo bar off of me Not to buy it. 

I know I am missing out on a sale but who cares! I value honesty. PS you think this is a rant... ooh wait until a video to be released comes out. 

YIKES
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:47 pm
What you said needed saying @Admin and the message was loud and clear: don't overextend yourself financially; do sensible research; buy what you fancy and take no notice of self-styled experts. If you're buying with a view to selling, choose a style/weight that someone will want to buy from you, hopefully for more than you paid for it. Finally, you should be in it for the long term: short termism will see you caught by the volatility of the market.

I've just re-watched the video from May on the Reindeer, which was the last Giant of the Ice Age issued, and the box didn't feature. Did you mean you would show it on the video of the last coin, the Cave Lion? I will, I hope, soon have the set of the Ice Age coins and will be looking for a dedicated box. The thing I was wondering is, does it have the same footprint as the Queen's Beasts box? I would quite like to be able to stack the boxes, and differing sizes will make this tricky.

Admin likes this post

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:57 pm
<edit> The day after I posted the below. I've thought more about this, and I already have a stack of sorts, so am I only seeing it as someone who is 'sitting pretty' there? If I had no stack at all, would I be panicking and frantically buying (though I do expect more of a dip is on its way for silver, it will be impossible to call the bottom)? I can't even begin to imagine scratch I would certainly want some silver though!

A very timely and much-appreciated call for some sense imvho Smile

I'm sick of many Youtubers...(I'll leave it at that LOL).

It's not a good time to stack imo, as silver is not doing what it was always supposed (hyped) to i.e. prove itself as 'real money', or even protect against inflation. Gold has done the latter over the past six+ years, far exceeded it in fact (but, so far). That said, all that may be to come with silver, who knows?!! My confidence has been knocked a little though, I'll confess.

There is something going on when the spot price is low but premiums have increased (hence it not being - or LOOKING like - a good time to buy IMVHO). My spidey senses are tingling...

Last edited by kimchi on Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:06 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:What you said needed saying  @Admin and the message was loud and clear: don't overextend yourself financially; do sensible research; buy what you fancy and take no notice of self-styled experts. If you're buying with a view to selling, choose a style/weight that someone will want to buy from you, hopefully for more than you paid for it. Finally, you should be in it for the long term: short termism will see you caught by the volatility of the market.

I've just re-watched the video from May on the Reindeer, which was the last Giant of the Ice Age issued, and the box didn't feature. Did you mean you would show it on the video of the last coin, the Cave Lion? I will, I hope, soon have the set of the Ice Age coins and will be looking for a dedicated box. The thing I was wondering is, does it have the same footprint as the Queen's Beasts box? I would quite like to be able to stack the boxes, and differing sizes will make this tricky.
it is a different design. I will take pictures for you and attach them today. I have just been rather busy but this is on my to do list.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:43 pm
"I have just been rather busy but this is on my to do list."

I quite understand @Admin , that cake must have taken a lot of time to eat. Should you stop buying Silver and Gold? 1f63d
I've seen the picture you just posted, and I am interested.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:20 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:"I have just been rather busy but this is on my to do list."

I quite understand  @Admin , that cake must have taken a lot of time to eat.  Should you stop buying Silver and Gold? 1f63d
I've seen the picture you just posted, and I am interested.
I replied my amazing mod.

I am just trying to get everything caught up and I seem to be doing the job of 5 people. Yet not well!!! LOL

True and True.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:57 pm
Anyone have any thoughts on my last post? It was meant to provoke discussion!

I've slept on it and I'm not sure what I would be doing right now if I had no silver...I can't even imagine. The only thing I know is that I would want 'some' rather than none...(and so I've edited my post a bit at the start).

We pretty have no choice now on VAT. When I started we could get low VAT silver from Europe, but until I found that out my first purchases were within the UK (thus with VAT) and £21.80 for basic bullion at bulk. Silly me but at least it's over that now on the second hand market, five years later.

I think as a collectables hobby it's still win-win right now with the intrinsic value to fall back on.

But the most genuine Youtubers are cautioning folk. I understand that, it's the only responsible thing to say, but as I also said previously it's knocked my confidence a fair bit.
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:53 pm
kimchi wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on my last post? It was meant to provoke discussion!

I've slept on it and I'm not sure what I would be doing right now if I had no silver...I can't even imagine. The only thing I know is that I would want 'some' rather than none...(and so I've edited my post a bit at the start).

We pretty have no choice now on VAT. When I started we could get low VAT silver from Europe, but until I found that out my first purchases were within the UK (thus with VAT) and £21.80 for basic bullion at bulk. Silly me but at least it's over that now on the second hand market, five years later.

I think as a collectables hobby it's still win-win right now with the intrinsic value to fall back on.

But the most genuine Youtubers are cautioning folk. I understand that, it's the only responsible thing to say, but as I also said previously it's knocked my confidence a fair bit.

I am a newbie to precious metals, but what I have learnt so far is that buying silver is good as a hobby for people like me who get the collector bug. And unlike many bits of tat one might collect, there is a good chance I will get my money back when I tire of it.

But for wealth preservation or an investment, gold is a better bet.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:43 am
Here are easy reasons to Buy Silver and Gold or Platinum. 

Giving up smoking..... Use that money to buy precious metals. 
Gambling... use that money to buy physical metals. 
Any addiction or bad habbit.... buy precious metals. 
Young kids.  Buy precious metals 

I say that with not a You should or Must view. 
I say that because it is a great way to accumulate a lot of precious metals from a bad addiction or for the future. 

I am in the Kids bracket but got heavy into precious metals when I had my accident.  I used the money instead of spending it on stupid stuff to invest for the future. And yes Invest.. The price was much lower then!!!   

Now I buy what I like as my base stack is really complete. What I buy now is what I love. I am in a position to do this.   New stackers or New to collecting bullion should not focus on the cool new shiny pieces of silver... I suggest buying second hand from Dealers to get around 500oz of silver and about 10oz of gold. 

That to me is a good base stack for anyone new. The more Gold the better... I personally think more.. but I wont get into that. 

Silver is safe. Gold is Safe, and almost ever dealer I spoken to has mentioned it is another blimp as it happens. 

Watch the thread of where Silver will be at the end of the year. I already predicted AGES ago that it would DROP!!!!  Yes it was a Guess in layman's terms. but I have been watching the market and the world news to establish that it would happen. I still stand by my view that it will drop more but it will rebound again much higher. Then drop and settle at the new norm... this is how it has been performing. 

So History is important. 

Damn my teachers.

ArcaneCollector likes this post

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:00 pm
Great posts imvho @Admin and @ArcaneCollector, really enjoyed reading those, and some really sensible thinking/good advice in there Admin! Obviously my opinion is never financial advice either but I would lean heavier on gold until I had a few ounces myself.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum