The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Mike
Mike

germania mint -   - Page 2 Empty Re: germania mint -

Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:52 pm
@tray @The Cat's Mother @Admin
And @to everyone 🤣🤣🤣
I use an iPhone because the valves in my Babbage machine seem to have blown.
Anyway so chuffed with the help/advice I’ve received through this forum. So just wanted to say TA!
Next I’m going to try and add photos in under 20mins 🤣🤣
The Cat's Mother wrote:
tray wrote:am lazy didnt read it, but to my defance  i mostly use the phone and still cant work it out. its so much easier using the laptop

I don't have a phone. Dinosaur claws can't manage the tiny keys. As for swiping, forget it.

Admin, The Cat's Mother and tray like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:32 pm
Hey,  @Mike , if I can do it anybody can. My downfall is that I can only add those photos already on my laptop as I don't have a smartphone. Those photos were uploaded in the halcyon days of Windows 7, when things made more sense and I could actually watch a DVD on my laptop. Now I have been compelled to use Windows 10, and nothing seems to work anymore (Remember Catweazle, anyone? I know how he must have felt).  @Admin keeps trying to persuade me that it can be done, but I am unconvinced. In short, it means I can't add pictures of the shiny stuff. The cats aren't a problem as their photos were uploaded years ago, but new coins - sorry.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:57 pm
Mike wrote: @tray  @The Cat's Mother  @Admin
And @to everyone 🤣🤣🤣
I use an iPhone because the valves in my Babbage machine seem to have blown.
Anyway so chuffed with the help/advice I’ve received through this forum. So just wanted to say TA!
Next I’m going to try and add photos in under 20mins 🤣🤣
The Cat's Mother wrote:
tray wrote:am lazy didnt read it, but to my defance  i mostly use the phone and still cant work it out. its so much easier using the laptop

I don't have a phone. Dinosaur claws can't manage the tiny keys. As for swiping, forget it.

Adding photos is very easy, even on a phone. That is why I use my ACEBULLION account more than Admin to add pictures. I take them directly from the phone and upload them by clicking on the HOST IMAGE tab.... it is very straight forward and simple.
Mike
Mike

Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:40 pm
@The Cat's Mother
I’ve just had an email from Aurinum saying the Oak leaf is being dispatched in 24 hours🤣
Now I only have to wait for delivery 🚚- in fairness you did say they’re a little slow.
Good news is I’d totally forgot about it so it’s like getting a free coin👍

Mike wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:Just a heads up in case anyone did want to get this series ( @Mike and  @SanMarino, mentioning no names ) Aurinum has the Oak Leaf listed at €49.50 (plus p&p), Martin has no.2, and no.3 is imminent. They are beautiful.

WOW  a big THANKS The cat’s Mother.
I’ve just ordered the oak leaf €58.74 whatever that is in old money. eBay are charging ridiculous amounts.
Really appreciate the heads up👍👍👍👍👍

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:57 pm
Hi  @Mike , that's great news, and I hope you love the Oak Leaf. I did warn you about Aurinum's dispatch times but they do deliver eventually. I got notification last week that my order from the middle of August was being sent out - they were waiting for one coin, which is a big drawback with pre-orders. We're just spoiled having Martin and his super fast system. I am following the tracking with bated breath.
PS Are you entering the Secret Santa?

Admin and Mike like this post

Mike
Mike

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:18 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Mike , that's great news, and I hope you love the Oak Leaf. I did warn you about Aurinum's dispatch times but they do deliver eventually. I got notification last week that my order from the middle of August was being sent out - they were waiting for one coin, which is a big drawback with pre-orders. We're just spoiled having Martin and his super fast system. I am following the tracking with bated breath.
@The Cat's Mother
If I’m really honest I think I’ve left it a bit late. I’ve been away from here and didn’t know about it.
Also, I’m trying to be very minimal with silver stuff until after Christmas. The lovely wife (boss) has just let us have a new puppy and he’s costing a fortune.
That makes me sound like Scrooge doesn’t it?🤣🤣

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:24 pm
Mike wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Mike , that's great news, and I hope you love the Oak Leaf. I did warn you about Aurinum's dispatch times but they do deliver eventually. I got notification last week that my order from the middle of August was being sent out - they were waiting for one coin, which is a big drawback with pre-orders. We're just spoiled having Martin and his super fast system. I am following the tracking with bated breath.
@The Cat's Mother
If I’m really honest I think I’ve left it a bit late. I’ve been away from here and didn’t know about it.
Also, I’m trying to be very minimal with silver stuff until after Christmas. The lovely wife (boss) has just let us have a new puppy and he’s costing a fortune.
That makes me sound like Scrooge doesn’t it?🤣🤣
NO not at all

but at least enter the Forum Giveaway... and if you want.. or could afford a 1oz piece of silver... enter into the secret santa... We appreciate not everyone this year can enter that. but still we have 7 of us and it is fun...

The Giveaway is 100% free to enter bud... so jump in.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:26 pm
Hi @Mike , you have until midnight on Monday if you change your mind. I can't altogether approve of the puppy, but I suppose you'd be third in the hierarchy if you got a cat. Is the new boy a particular breed, or a Heinz hound? We will expect pictures in due course, Oscar needs some competition in the cuteness stakes, and Martin just doesn't cut it.

Admin likes this post

Mike
Mike

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:41 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Mike , you have until midnight on Monday if you change your mind. I can't altogether approve of the puppy, but I suppose you'd be third in the hierarchy if you got a cat. Is the new boy a particular breed, or a Heinz hound? We will expect pictures in due course, Oscar needs some competition in the cuteness stakes, and Martin just doesn't cut it.

I’ll have a look at how to do Santa tomorrow.
As much as I love my LITTLE collection I can always share something. Let’s see if I’m clever enough to do it on time.
Regarding puppy- don’t know if picture will upload because I’m (profanity) at tech! But I’ll try. If it doesn’t come through he’s a Great Dane.
Mike
Mike

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:45 pm
germania mint -   - Page 2 Edfb3c10
Mike wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Mike , you have until midnight on Monday if you change your mind. I can't altogether approve of the puppy, but I suppose you'd be third in the hierarchy if you got a cat. Is the new boy a particular breed, or a Heinz hound? We will expect pictures in due course, Oscar needs some competition in the cuteness stakes, and Martin just doesn't cut it.

As much as I love my LITTLE collection I can always share something. Let’s see if I’m clever enough to do it on time.
Regarding puppy- don’t know if picture will upload because I’m (profanity) at tech! But I’ll try. If it doesn’t come through he’s a Great Dane.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:47 pm
See, you're not as bad as you thought, but goodness, he will be costing you a fortune! I would say 'an arm and a leg', but he might treat that as dietary advice. Still, if petrol goes up you can always hitch him up to a cart. He is a very classy looking beast, same grey colour as our second cat.

Mike likes this post

tray
tray

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:47 pm
Mike wrote:germania mint -   - Page 2 Edfb3c10
Mike wrote:

We need updated pictures of puppy as he grows. He is gorgeous

Mike likes this post

Mike
Mike

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:56 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:See, you're not as bad as you thought, but goodness, he will be costing you a fortune! I would say 'an arm and a leg', but he might treat that as dietary advice. Still, if petrol goes up you can always hitch him up to a cart. He is a very classy looking beast, same grey colour as our second cat.
@The Cat's Mother
Thanks for the doggy complement- time was when I got compliments, and then I just got old🤣🤣🤣. Anyway back to the forum stuff - the reason we’re here. If I don’t manage Santa I’ll send something through to Ace for the giveaway thing. Sounds fair I think 😉

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:02 pm
Did you mean 'doggy' or 'dodgy'?  germania mint -   - Page 2 1f639
To be serious, for a moment anyway, it isn't an issue of fairness - the idea is to organise something that's a bit of fun, and at least with the Santa you're guaranteed a prize. Very Happy  There is no pressure on you or anyone to participate.

Admin and Mike like this post

Mike
Mike

Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:17 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Did you mean 'doggy' or 'dodgy'?  germania mint -   - Page 2 1f639
To be serious, for a moment anyway, it isn't an issue of fairness - the idea is to organise something that's a bit of fun, and at least with the Santa you're guaranteed a prize. Very Happy  There is no pressure on you or anyone to participate.
Sorry @The Cat's Mother
I know what you meant and I worded my reply in my usual thicko way. Please believe me I know what your lovely intentions are. Everyone on this site that I’ve had contact with have been wonderful and I’ve gained a lot more than I’ve given. So thanks to EVERYONE. I just meant I’d like to try and be involved, but I’m usually the last out of the gate 🤣🤣

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:34 pm
Nothing to be sorry for @Mike , and you're not thicko. I can be a bit forceful at times, and I am conscious that not everybody appreciates it. I am just really glad that you are happy you joined the forum and that you have gained from it. You are certainly one of our lovely active members, and it is so good to see that.
Anyway, that's me done for today. We old folk need our rest.

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum