The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.  Empty Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:26 pm
Hi everyone.

PRECIOUS METALS: WEEKLY ROUND UP
In GBP – (Pound Sterling)

Summer time often brings low volatility and volume to the markets. The current conditions, makes it difficult to figure out if PGM’s are trending or range bound. It can create a climate where bad trading decisions could be made. 
Their direction, short-term, will be in the hands of the ‘U.S. Dollar Index’. It is at a critical point. If it strengthens then that’s negative for PGM’s. If it weakens it could be a big boost. 
The one thing that’s certain, is that inflation is rising. Not good for anyone’s money. 

Gold had a reasonable week. Silver not just so good. The Gold/Silver ratio may be worth looking at, as its quite high. The divergence may narrow. Platinum had a false breakout, but couldn’t hold it – but it could try again soon. 

All depends on U.S. Dollar strength or weakness over the short term. Volatility & volume will return and so will - price rises and falls…

GOLD: WEEK. + 1.13%, END@ 1316, HIGH = 1326, LOW = 1291
Month. + 1.67%, 1 Year – 1.67%, 5 Year + 30.71%

SILVER: WEEK. – 0.87%, END@ 18.64 HIGH= 19.14 LOW= 18.59
Month. – 3.51%. 1Year. +22.08 %. 5Year. + 22.78%

PLATINUM: Week. + 0.55%, END@ 803 HIGH = 833. LOW =791
Month. – 0.55%. 1Year + 22.2%, 5 Year - 1.85%. H = 938, L = 509

GOLD/SILVER RATIO
Month + 0.55%. 70.65. H = 70.65. L = 67
Year, - 26%. H = 94, L =63
5Year, + 4%, H = 124, L = 65
20Year, - 27%, H = 117, L = 31.

* May be slight changes in data/percentages. Time-zone trading.

Last edited by tray on Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Admin asked)

Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.  Empty Re: Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:33 pm
AND - Have a Great weekend everyone... 😁👌

Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:51 pm
WEEKLY ROUND UP – Mid-week Mini 21st July 2021
Headwinds prevailing in the PGM’s.
Gold: Bravely holding its head up but persistent failure at resistance, while making lower Highs, is a bearish sign.
Silver: The action is weak, momentum lost and price broken to the down-side. Very little interest right now.
Platinum has fallen through short term support levels and now balanced on a precipice squinting at a rising U.S. Dollar.
The quick rate of U.S. economic recovery, higher-than-expected inflation figures and talk of rate hikes, are boosting the ‘Greenback’ to its highest level since April.
Momentum rises then eventually falls and we are always in a cycle within a greater cycle. The out-going tide also has incoming waves: just not as strong as the former.
So not a time to make big bets, one way or another. ‘The trend is your friend, until it changes’. And the only real trend visible is a bullish USD. For now.
Cycles within larger cycles.
‘To everything – there is a season’.
Keep cool, in all ways... 😁👌

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:52 pm
PRECIOUS METALS WEEKLY ROUND UP: 23rd July 2021
Hi to everyone.

The PGM ‘scene ‘ain’t going nowhere in a hurry.
To quote a line from Bob Dylan

‘Oh, Mama, can this really be the end
To be stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again?’ *
We kinda ‘stuck’. Becalmed.
“Oh, the ragman draws circles.  Up and down the block, I'd ask him what the matter was. But I know that he don't talk. "

Platinum just doesn’t get it. Its supposed to take off. Not finish the Week @£776.
Down - £28!!! = minus 3.4%.

Gold: Finish @ £1311...minus £5.35 on week.

Silver:  sleeping. Finish @ £18.34 minus 33p!!!!

Ah... “Well, Shakespeare, he's in the alley
With his pointed shoes and his bells
Speaking to some French girl
Who says, she knows me well
And I would send a message
To find out if she's talked
But the post office has been stolen
And the mailbox is locked”

*None of this information should be construed as advice to buy/sell Bob Dylan’s 1966 album ‘blonde on blonde’ and listen to 'Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again.'
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:08 pm
Excellent information,

LMAO at the extras. That is the type of humour I like to see.
I was not sure where or how big of a dip we would be in, I have a concern the worlds finances are being hidden in the true nature.
Perhaps I am sceptical, but again thank you for the great and factual information.

Fortune8 likes this post

Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:11 pm
Thanks @Admin...but I have to stop using the word - 'pgm's - as that is only the Platinium group metals... Hey ho.. Takes sometime to see my own mistakes... 🤥🙄😒

Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.  Empty Mini Weekly Round Up 28th July 2021

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:06 pm
WEEKLY ROUND UP – Mid-week Mini 28th July 2021 *7pm

The Silver token dropped and tumbled into my faithful old ZOMI jukebox and the familiar crackle of its aged needle on spinning vinyl, took me down the hazy lazy crazy musical avenues of time. 

And I found myself in 1968 as the licks and tones and riffs of Jimi Hendrix’s water-coloured guitar-magic pierced the evening air.

“There must be some kind of way outta here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief” 

And ‘no way outta here’ for precious metals, they’ve been rocking and rolling and mostly fallen down all week.

Platinum has gone all paranoid after taking a ‘run at the wall’. Now cowering at the bottom after a weekly drop of –  minus £26.86 on Week = minus – 3.39%

Silver has melted – slurped and poured away a week’s worth – minus £0.55 on Week = - 2.96%

GOLD is staring at the ‘wall of worry’, lacking confidence or friends... £1297 minus £17.88 = - 1.36%

But as Dylan wrote and Hendrix sang:

No reason to get excited, the thief he kindly spoke. There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke. but you and I, we've been through life
And this is not our fate.  So let us stop talkin' falsely now, the hour's getting late,

All along the watchtower Princes kept the view. While all the women came and went. Barefoot servants, too. While outside in the cold distance a wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching. And the wind began to howl.’

*As always: This is not a recommendation to; nor persuasion not to – listen to Jimi Hendrix’s version of Bob Dylan’s – ‘All Along The Watchtower’ from 1968.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:22 pm
WEEKLY ROUND UP DELAYED!!!
Sorry folks, weekly round-up delayed as I'm working on a new indicator - the A&DSTA.
It's a new one😀 Based on cryptic clues encoded on 'Ant &. Dec' Saturday Take Away'. 
I will be working over-night and hope to get it all sorted after the show... I just can't wait... I feel like 'Tiny Tim' on stage... That's an idea🤔 talk soon. Merv
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:35 pm
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Ok Tim, well don't work too hard. Make sure you get plenty of sleep

Admin and Fortune8 like this post

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:53 pm
Precious Metals: Monthly Round Up. 31st July 2021
‘Four strong winds that blow lonely
Seven seas that run high’

GOLD: Closed @ £1305........Month Gain + £25.41
Month: High = £1343....Low = £1268
Week Loss... - £6.06

‘All those things that don't change, come what may
But our good times are all gone’

SILVER: Closed @ £18.38......Month Loss. £0.32!!!
Month: High = £19.31.....Low = £17.65
Week Gain... £0.01!!!

‘And I'm bound for moving on
I'll look for you if I'm ever back this way’

Platinum: Closed @ £759.....Month Loss - £22.21
Month: High = £833...... Low = £746
Week Loss..... £18.78

Think I'll go out to Alberta
Weather's good there in the fall
I got some friends that I can go to working for
Still I wish you'd change your mind
If I asked you one more time
But we've been through that a hundred times or more......*
*‘Four Strong Winds’ written by Ian Tyson in 1961. Recorded by many including Neil Young.

ZOMI broke. No Ant & Dec😔 sad – I think I’ go out to Alberta weather good there in the fall...

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:21 pm
😔😔😔 Got some figures slightly wrong - Silver closed week @£18.34 plus 1p..and closed previous week then @£18.33....😁😁😁

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:15 pm
AND Silver Month loss =minus £0.58......not 32p.....oh man - Alberta is calling... A long way from Northern Ireland.... 😔
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 pm
It happens to us all. I did a video. Couldn't see a pinball machine, and forgot about another in the series.
DOH! We are all human, well apart from the bots that frequently visit this forum 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fortune8 likes this post

Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:48 am
PRECIOUS METALS: WEEKLY ROUND UP 7th August 2021
The precious metals price quotes are from one of the U.k’s biggest bullion dealers. They may not and often do not correspond exactly with other quotes.
Frank Zappa* said it all:
‘So I'm watchin' and I'm waitin'
Hopin' for the best
Even think I'll go to prayin'
Every time I hear 'em sayin'
That there's no way to delay that trouble comin' every day
No way to delay that trouble comin' every day.’.

Weekly Change (close 30th July – close 6th August)
GOLD: Closed @ £1271.37 – Weekly change -minus £33.80 = minus 2.59%
SILVER: Closed @ £17.55 – Weekly change – minus £0.79 = minus 4.33%
PLATINUM: Closed @ £711.85 – Weekly change – minus £47.39 = minus 6.24%

‘Well, I'm about to get sick
From watchin' my TV
Been checkin' out the news until my eyeballs fail to see
I mean to say that every day is just another rotten mess
And when it's gonna change, my friends, is anybody's guess’

*Frank Zappa – The Mothers of Invention - written 1965–about the Watts riots in Los Angeles. Alternatively called the Watts Rebellion or Watts Uprising. Took place in the Watts neighborhood and its surrounding areas of Los Angeles from August 11 to 16, 1965. Released on ‘The Mothers of Invention’ 1st album ‘Freak Out’ 1966 and single.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:59 am
You are doing an amazing job updating this Weekly. Thank you very much for your continued contribution on this forum.

I am always looking. Thank you good sir.

Fortune8 likes this post

Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:25 pm
PRECIOUS METALS: WEEKLY ROUND UP 9th - 13thAugust (inclusive) 2021

*The precious metals price quotes are from one of the U.k’s biggest bullion dealers. They may not and often do not correspond exactly with other quotes.

GOLD: Closed @ £1283.74– Weekly Change = plus £12.37 = + 0.97%
GOLD has made a good recovery from an early week ‘flash crash’. Momentum has surged and short-term the prospects appear good. Longer term is still very unclear.

SILVER: Closed @ £17.14 – Weekly Change = minus £0.41 = - 2.35%
SILVER had a lackluster time. Hitting a week low of £16.58 before bouncing back up on Friday. Silver really has ‘no legs’ at moment. Strength/momentum is weak

PLATINUM: Closed @ £746.91 – Weekly Change = plus £35.06 = + 4.92%
PLATINUM had a strong week after an early fall but perhaps the surge from £711 to £746 has taken its toll. I wouldn’t want to go too crazy in the ‘long’ direction.

ZOMI is in transit to Mongolia. New & important data been added. Watch this space…. 😁👌

Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:10 pm
PRECIOUS METALS: Wednesday 18th. Aug. (22:00hrs) mini round up.

SILVER – Looks ‘whacked’. On the monthly chart the MACD, Momentum, COPICKCURVE and many other indicators are very negative. Unless some ‘Black Swan’ floats into the waters and adds a positive aspect, I fear for Silver price over the next 6-9 months. Currently £17:10

GOLD: Is hard to figure out. Sitting at the crossroads. It’s going somewhere but can’t figure out the direction. Currently battering its head against £1300.

PLATINUM: Like Gold stuck at the crossroads. Straight ahead? Turn back? Park? Eventually it will move. And move quick. Currently £927.

Anyway have a good week, everyone. I'm heading to Mongolia to 'do some business' 😎

Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:43 pm
PRECIOUS METALS: WEEKLY ROUND UP  16th - 20thAugust (incl.) 2021
GOLD: Closed @ £1307.95 Weekly change = plus £24.22 +1.89%
GOLD had a good week. No major surprises. Held the £1300 mark.

SILVER: Closed @ £16.92 Weekly change = minus £0.22 = - 1.28%
SILVER is not strong. No momentum and the less than excellent expectations in economic recovery and industrial usage is a burden. No signs of enthusiasm, in fact the opposite. Next week could be dreary as well.

PLATINUM: Closed @ £734.73 Weekly change = minus £12.18 = - 1.63%
Platinum also has lost little bit of upward movement. Suffering the same lethargy as Silver
The 26th – 28th August FED meeting in Jackson Hole, Wyoming is looming. How the 'FED' handles announcements and the ‘markets’ reactions to them could lead to a very volatile week.
Have a nice weekend

Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:49 pm
* I just spotted an error on the mid-week 'round-up'. Platinum price should then read as £727 - not £927..my apologies.. 🙄

Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:48 pm
This article is for informational purposes only, it should not be considered Financial, Musical or Legal Advice. Not all information will be accurate, as the world is not fully round. Consult a music historian, astrologer or non-financial professional before making any major decisions. And good luck – may the force be with you.

PRECIOUS METALS: WEEKLY ROUND UP 23RD-27TH Aug.2021(inclusive)
*The precious metals price quotes are from one of the UK’s biggest bullion dealers. They may not and often do not correspond exactly with other quotes.

GOLD: Closed @£1321.96 Weekly Change= + £14.17 = + 1.08%
In USD + 2.03%.  Euro + 1.23%
Gold had a good week. Short term momentum is reasonably strong. Bigger picture remains unclear
SILVER: Closed @£17.49 Weekly Change = + £0.57 = + 3.39%
In USD +4.35%. Euro + 3.52%
Silver tested its wings this week. May have a little bit of flight left. Still hovering around March 2021 lows. Has to fly much higher to gain confidence but the up currents are tricky.
PLATINUM: Closed @£740 Weekly change = +£5.46 = + 0.74%
In USD + 1.80% Euro + 0.93%
Platinum might just be consolidating in the short term. Longer term not strong.

The Federal Reserve Chairman, Colin Powell spoke from Jackson Hole.
Well, he edged his way towards saying that the FED will “wait another month or two of data before committing to tapering”.
And the bar erupted in cheers and the toasting of record highs on the Nasdaq & S&P500 continues. But the drinks are getting expensive and cheap money is looking gloomy. Soon getting time to move on and party someplace else? But no warning, to the “man in the street” will be given for that. The big coordinated short of the markets strikes quickly and ferociously. Only time will tell.  Keep safe.

Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:01 pm
Precious Metals: Weekly Update Aug 30th – Sept 3rd.
The precious metals price quotes, are from one of the UK’s biggest bullion dealers. They may not, and often do not, correspond exactly with other quotes.

The U.S. Dollar Index hitting an Aug 5th low and a lackluster U.S jobs data release combined to help precious metals surge on Friday from weekly lows. Yet until then it had been another less than sparkling week. Silver shone the brightest, though in so doing it only returned to Aug 6th levels. Gold loss a little shine and Platinum put on a little weight.

Gold: @ £1319.17 = Weekly Change = minus £2.79 = minus 0.21%.  USD + 0.53%. Euros – 0.16%
Silver: @ £17.84 = Weekly Change = plus £0.35 = plus 2%.  USD + 2.95%. Euros + 2.13%
Platinum: @ £742.38 = Weekly Change = plus £2.38 = plus 0.32%.  USD + 0.98%. Euros + 0.28%
Enjoy your weekend everyone. Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.  1f604
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:14 pm
Gold has done quite well, the other metals are just levelling out. this is a prime example that just because one starts to rise the rest will be left behind.

Thank you Merv

Fortune8 likes this post

Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:14 pm
Precious Metals: Weekly Update Sept 6th – Sept 11th (incl.) 2021
*The precious metals price quotes are from one of the UK’s biggest bullion dealers. They may not, and often do not, correspond exactly with other quotes.

Gold: @ £1293.12. Weekly change = minus £26.04 = minus 1.97%.
USD – 2.18%. Euro -1.62%
Gold was weak these last few days, though as a sidenote, COT (Commitment of Traders) data over the past four reporting weeks, reveals a non-commercial trader has amassed as much as 40,000 COMEX gold contracts, the equivalent of 4 million ounces of gold. A total notional dollar value of $7.2 billion (at $1800 per ounce). A bigtime player!!!

Silver: @ £17.19 Weekly change = minus £0.66 = minus 3.71%
USD: -3.92%. Euro: -3.32%
Back in July the Silver price coiled tight as it prepared to takeout long established resistance. It failed and since then has meandered downwards. And there is nothing very positive in either charts or fundamentals to indicate any immediate change.

Platinum: @ £694.60 Weekly change = minus £47.82 = minus 6.44%
USD; -6.55%. Euro: -5.99%
Platinum had a very unloved week. Priced at lowest level since Nov.2020. I suspect that difficulties in the global auto sector are severely weighing on PGM demand. For as well as Platinum hitting lows, spot Palladium plunged to its lowest in more than a year.

This article is for informational purposes only, it should not be considered Financial, Musical or Legal Advice. Nor to lead your thinking Not all information will be accurate, as the world is not fully round. Consult a music historian, astrologer or non-financial professional before making any major decisions. And good luck – may the force be with you.  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by mervs68 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spacing and comment added)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:23 pm
Thank you, I think Platinum will probably have some struggles ahead if this trend continues.

However I do not believe them to be long term. But this is only my opinion.

Fortune8 likes this post

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:32 pm
Precious Metals: Weekly Update Sept 13th – Sept 17th (incl) 2021
*The precious metals price quotes are from one of the UK’s biggest bullion dealers. They may not, and often do not, correspond exactly with other quotes.

It’s been another rough week for precious metals, especially silver. An almost 5% drop (GBP) this week extends its year-to-date losses to nearly 14%. Short term Silver may be reaching the oversold zone and possibly has a brief respite from the carnage; however, the long-term outlook is still very cloudy.   Gold fared a little better, but still lost ground on the week. Platinum had a reasonable week, yet again had a negative weekly return. Precious metals are the worst-performing asset classes of 2021. Naturally, sentiment is very negative now. Yet to every thing there is a season and the seasons eventually change. What was out of favour today, can be all the rage tomorrow. But not just that quickly!!!

Gold: @ £1278.19. Weekly Change = minus £14.93 = minus 1.15%
USD -1.83%. Euro – 1.16%
Silver: @ £16.33. Weekly Change = minus £0.86 = minus 4.98%
USD -5.72%. Euro -5%
Platinum: @ £691.84. Weekly Change = minus £2.76 = minus 0.4%
USD -1.15%. Euro -0.43%  

This article is for informational purposes only, it should not be considered Financial, Musical or Legal Advice. Nor to lead your thinking Not all information will be accurate, as the world is not fully round. Consult a music historian, astrologer or non-financial professional before making any major decisions. And good luck – may the force be with you. Have a good weekend.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum