The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.

Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:25 pm
@ The Cat's Mother
(no full stop 🙄)

Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:19 pm
Hi everyone.. I will update this column at end of of week/year end. Until then have a good week. 😁👌

Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:48 pm
Precious Metals 2021 Year-End Report 1st January 2022.

Precious metal prices started the new year in an upbeat fashion before declining mostly in the second half of 2021.
This reflected dwindling investor sentiment and lacklustre physical demand. Gold prices had been more robust but outflows from gold-backed exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and slowing central bank activity subdued the price. Silver prices fell on falling industrial demand, while platinum and palladium prices plunged due to semiconductor shortages and thus anaemic auto catalyst employ in the car industry.  

Gold: GBP:  Close@ £1353. Year Change - £57 - 4% .     (Year High £1433.  Low £1,220.) Us dollar:   Close@ $1829   Year Change - $100 – 5%     (Year High $1,957. Low $1,683) Euro:          Close@ €1608. Year Change + €38 + 2.41%   (Year High €1,648. Low €1,419)            
Silver: GBP Close@ £17.27. Year Change -£2.68 – 13%   (Year  High £21.58. Low £16.02) Us dollar:    Close@ $23.32. Year Change -$3.95 – 14%    (Year High $29.59. Low $21.52)  Euro:           Close@ €20.51. Year Change - €1.68 – 7.5%  (Year High €24.48. Low €18.61)

Platinum: GBP Close@ £718.Year Change - £86. – 11%     (Year High £937.54. Low £675.59) Us dollar:     Close@ $971.  Year Change  -$130 – 12%    (Year High $1,306. Low $911) Euro:            Close@ €853. Year Change -  €42 – 5%        (Year High €1,074.91.Low €788.59) * data percentages etc., rounded up/down.

Bitcoin: The value of BTC has more than doubled in 2021. BTC was valued at $28,803.59 on January 1st, 2021, before reaching its all-time high of $68,789.63 on November 10th, 2021.
USD index ended the year @ 95.67, a little off its Nov. high of 96.49, up ~15% on year.
Global Equity Markets – the MSI World Index had a yearly upside of +~18%. Equities are ‘bubbly’; and bubbles bust without warning. U.S. equities had a stellar year. (DJI +19%, S&P500 +27%, Nasdaq +22%. U.K and European equities also hot. UK Ftse Allshare Index + 17%, STOXX Europe 600Index + 22%) Asian equities much tamer – Shanghai Index + ~ 4%, Japan NIKKEI 225 Index +~ 5%, while in Hong Kong the Hang Seng Index fell – 15%.

2022 heralds’ volatility and major price swings in all asset classes. Expect the unexpected. Raging inflation. Government and BOE mismanagement. Brexit headaches. Increasing import costs and supply chain problems. Omicron. All a heady mix of troubles. It will be a long and painful challenge to restore monetary and financial stability and consumer confidence.
However, on the brighter side, the esteemed national leader Boris Johnson lists amongst his brexit ‘successes’ – the positive returning of the Crown stamp to pint beer glasses and the scrapping of the ban on selling goods in pounds and ounces. Whoopee. Success. Just shows you the benefit of an Eton education – someone should release this guy from his matrix existence. How come with all this success in 2020 the U.K. had the 2nd worse GDP (gross domestic product) in Europe of – 9.79%? Spain at -10.84% being the worst. The highest GDP growth belonged to Ireland! Yes the little island of Ireland had the highest GDP of + 3.42%!!!! (New Zealand + 0.98%, USA -3.49%, Germany – 4.9%, Hong Kong -6.07%, Uruguay – 5.86%, are just some examples.) The only countries that had worse growth than the UK were the island nations of the Caribbean, which rely totally on tourism.

So, to everyone, a happy and brighter new year unfolds. Hopefully a good one. Enjoy the benefits of Crown stamps on your beer glass and don’t forget at Tesco that you demand your carrots weights are measured in pounds and ounces. And don’t fall off the square earth and do ask for your sweeties out of a big glass jar.  

*The precious metals price quotes are from one of the UK’s biggest bullion dealers. They may not, and often do not, correspond exactly with other quotes.
This article is for informational purposes only, it should not be considered Financial, Musical or Legal Advice. Nor to lead your thinking. DYOR. Not all information will be accurate, as the world is not fully round. Consult a music historian, astrologer or non-financial professional before making any major decisions. And good luck – may the force be with you.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:38 pm
Precious Metals Weekly Update
Trading Week Ending 7th January 2022

Precious metals have ended the first trading week of 2022 with a bit of a holiday hangover. Silver especially, took a knocking. However most major mints across the world are reporting excellent, if not record sales of bullion coins. It is the ‘paper’ price of silver and the “wheeling and dealing” around it which are questionable. (“The world we live in is vastly different from the world we think we live in.) *
Gold at start of the year is looking for direction, but then so are we all. Sometimes it is not easy to find. Platinum  was the slightest affected and lost the least on the week. The biggest winner was Palladium with a 1% rise.

Other markets: Bitcoin finished @ £30,614 down £3,506 on week
Equity markets were skittish – U.S. tech laden Nasdaq lost ~ 5% on the week. A pause on its upward trend or the beginning of a flight to safety? Echoes of 2001 and dot.com era abound. Bubbles burst eventually.
U.S. Dollar Index closed the week little changed @ 95.74
Inflation is spiraling worldwide, a silent merciless thief. ‘Transitory’ has been dropped from the vocabulary. 5% - 8% is on track.

Gold @ £1322 - £31- 2.3%. USD @ $1796 - $33 – Euro @ €1581 -€27
Silver@ £16.48 -£0.79 – 4.5%. USD@ $22.4 - $0.9. Euro@19.7 – 0.8
Platinum@ £711 - £6.5 – 0.91%. USD $967 - $4.36. Euro@851 – 2.7.

*Nassim Taleb, author of “Fooled by Randomness”, “The Black Swan”, “Antifragile” and many more.

*The precious metals price quotes are from one of the UK’s biggest bullion dealers. They may not, and often do not, correspond exactly with other quotes.
This article is for informational purposes only, it should not be considered Financial, Musical or Legal Advice. Nor to lead your thinking. DYOR. Not all information will be accurate, as the world is not fully round. Consult a music historian, astrologer or non-financial professional before making any major decisions. And good luck – may the force be with you.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:36 pm
I know we have a lot of new members and some very new to stacking or collecting bullion. 

Now is a great time to jump in and consider buying for your future or for your grandchildren. 

Over the past 20 + years I have been stacking, I can say that historically this is a great time. Expect the peaks, both high and low. 

But Gold, Silver, etc. are a long haul if you want to do this right. Yes you can make a quick buck by buying and selling. Remember, it is Your Money, Your choice. Be safe and have fun. 

And a Huge Thank you to our Analyst  @mervs68

Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:45 pm
Precious Metals Weekly Update
Trading week Ending 14th January 2022

Precious metals had a positive week. Yet they all struggle for real direction. Range bound. No real trends to follow and no winds of momentum to propel them forward.
Prices and Weekly Change:

Gold @ £1329 + 6.76. USD@ 1818 + 21.23. Euro@1892 +10.90
Silver@ £16.81 + 0.33. USD@ 22.99+0.59. Euro@ 20.14 +0.42
Platinum@£715+3.98. USD@978 +11.66. Euro@857 + 6.13

U.S.Dollar Index @95.17. YTD - ~1%, helped Dollar denominated metals.
U.S. inflation still rising +7% in December. Levels at highest in decades. European and world levels rising too.
U.S. European, Asian equities shaky. Tech laden Nasdaq - 5% YTD

Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:06 pm
Precious Metals Year to date Update
Trading week Ending 26th February 2022
Every gun that is made, every tank armed, every rocket fired - is theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
Theft from those that are weak, are old, are young, are sick.  Are innocent.
Old men dream up wars, for others to die in.

Precious metals prices have been positive, since the start of 2022. Choppy and volatile and this stormy weather will must likely continue. The last week of February saw price spikes then retracements.
Gold @£1409. Year start - £1350
Silver @£ 18.10. Year start - £17.27
Platinum @£793. Year start - £717
Equity markets are teetering on the brink, Cryptocurrency has taken a battering, oil prices have ‘soared’, inflation gallops away.

Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves.’

Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:57 pm
Precious Metals: WEEKLY Update Trading Week Ending March 4th 2022

I ask myself: ‘In a time of world crisis is it blasé to discuss precious metals? ‘
While the latest arrogant, egotistical manifestation of the ‘horsemen of the apocalypse’ rises proudly haughtily on to his fiery charger and tramples the fragile bones of the young, innocent and old.

Should we shut off all sensibilities, while we listen to the horrible cacophony of reckless abandonment pounding and thudding in the torrid beat of war drums. What should we think of the latest personification of extreme ideology: which postures and preens its false peacock feathers on the cracking, unsafe platform of the world’s stage?

‘I will rewrite history in my own image. My people will know me as a blessing as I lead them back to my promised land’ says the demagogue as he slowly slips into the sinking sands of time. The history maker, made of clay. The false idol – the adulterer laid bare. The mistaken idol, vain and grey: doomed to open his own trap-door and plummet into the pit – the abyss of self-centered, self-worshiping self forming nemesis. A vipers pit of warmongers, tied in chains for eternity, that humanity may walk the Earth in Peace.

Precious metal prices rose this week. As per usual many innocent people lost their lives this week. Perhaps next week spring will arrive.
denby
denby

Precious Metals Weekly Round Up.  - Page 3 Empty Wall Street will be salivating over the Russian Market " killing to come"

Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:37 am
Merv, I was thinking the same thing myself yesterday. J P Morgan and the other banksters don't ever stop making plans to make a killing out of any situation that offers it. How do all of these phsycopaths get to the top so easily?

We need some new Robin Hoods to appear in our society quickly. Maybe Spring is already here in Sherwood Forest, eh.

Admin likes this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:32 pm
New thing would be cool the whole problem is we are not eager to bite when it's new because of uncertainty and possible losses just wish I had a genie in a bottle to give me a yeah or nah

Admin likes this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 pm
I heard there might be a new crypto coming from a guy who made a 11 million dollar gold cube in Central Park keeping my eyes pealed
Jazz
Jazz

Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:07 pm
Really helpful info @mervs68 👍👍
ANT ORTA
ANT ORTA
https://www.youtube.com

Mon May 16, 2022 9:45 pm
My oh my that's a lot to cover in a posting I was reading it and I lost my place. 2 or. 3 times lol it was great info tho. Appreciate the info.

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum