The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
21C Bullion
21C Bullion
https://www.youtube.com/@bullion-finance/videos

Do you guys trade precious metals on the stock market? Empty Do you guys trade precious metals on the stock market?

Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:07 pm
I know many of you guys believe in the old adage "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"
But, do you guys trade precious metals on the stock market?

I've been doing it for about a year, buying stocks in gold & silver mining companies (e.g. Barrick Gold Corporation and Fresnillo plc), and buying ETFs (e.g. iShares Physical Gold). It's a lot easier to make money from precious metals via the stock market.

I still buy physical gold & silver, but not much as I used to, got fed-up with the low prices when it came to selling (especially silver  pale )

ArcaneCollector and 21C Bullion like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Do you guys trade precious metals on the stock market? Empty Re: Do you guys trade precious metals on the stock market?

Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:52 pm
I have followed a couple but not bought any. Only dabbled with buying the actual metal, and then invest in index linked ETFs such as S&P 500. How has it been? Much volatility?

Admin and 21C Bullion like this post

21C Bullion
21C Bullion
https://www.youtube.com/@bullion-finance/videos

Do you guys trade precious metals on the stock market? Empty Re: Do you guys trade precious metals on the stock market?

Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:00 pm
The volatility has been good as it creates buying & selling opportunities

March '22 - The Ukraine war made price go high (£1,553,35 - Selling opportunity)
July '22 - Recession risk made price go down (£1,413.50 - Buying opportunity)
October '22 - General negative sentiment made price go down (£1,419.74 - Buying opportunity)

If your willing to be patient, every 3- 4 months presents an opportunity to buy or sell:
https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-price/one-year-gold-price/

ArcaneCollector and 21C Bullion like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:04 pm
Thanks for the insight. I’ll do some research into this, it’s very interesting!

21C Bullion likes this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:52 am
I did some at the start of the pandemic.
I had shares in an ETF it was called Invesco physical silver, ticker code SSLV

What concerned me is the silver is apparently held by JP Morgan in a London vault but the vault hasn’t been audited in years and rumour has it JP Morgan had a major short issue with silver, hence why the theory the price was held back so the major banks could get their positions closed and add to their physical holding.

I sold out to a decent profit.

ETFs are decent tools but they are not long term holds.
If you expect a sudden spike in the metal price then they are a good option.

However don’t ever expect when the economy collapses the banks to have the same amount of metal as they allow to be traded. There is lots of paper metal around, and at some point it will all come crashing down.

Admin and 21C Bullion like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum