The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
AVG

Astrolabe Silver Cook Island Empty Astrolabe Silver Cook Island

Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:10 pm
Hello all
This came in last week. 2023 Cook Island 2oz. silver
An antique finish coin with amazing details of a early scientific instrument which can be traced back to the 6th century AD.Astrolabe Silver Cook Island P1020039Astrolabe Silver Cook Island P1020040

Admin, The Cat's Mother, Rod Panhard and tray like this post

Astrolabe Silver Cook Island Empty Re: Astrolabe Silver Cook Island

Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:18 am
I'd have to attend maritime school to learn the astrolabe. Very complex yet beautiful design. A few months ago, there was a video thread about two Malta coins that focused on their prehistoric temples. They were believed to be used for astronomy at various points over their long history.

This coin is one I didn't know about and it's now on my shopping list. Thank you! Cool
AVG

Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:10 am
PT
You can find this coin on three sites. Two sites want $250.00. Go to GR that is were I got it for $147.00.

Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:22 am
AVG wrote:PT
You can find this coin on three sites. Two sites want $250.00. Go to GR that is were I got it for $147.00.

Thanks for the heads-up @AVG. GR has good prices on some of their coins. Other times, not so. I got the Vault coin from APMEX and it was cheaper than GR.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum