The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Empty 2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie

Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:52 am
I just received this fashionable looking 10 Oz silver bar directly from the Pressburg Mint. Number 217 of 5000, this engraved bar is a first for my small collection. I removed the factory plastic to see just how shiny it is. Additionally, I opted for the preservation package. This includes silver fabric, chalk and a Ziploc bag to store the bar.

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Img20246
2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Img20247
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Empty Re: 2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie

Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:05 am
Nice purchase, that's a great looking bar, I've just bought a cheap plastic protective case off Aliexpress and cut out the foam only yesterday to take 10 ounce bars, the idea is now to fill it over time.

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 4IQZiEM

The Cat's Mother, tray and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Empty Re: 2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie

Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:35 am
Very nice  @Periodic Table  - it looks to come with it's own gift bow. Don't let your sister see it, she'll be having another birthday next year.  2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 1f63d  2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 1f63d

Rod Panhard likes this post

Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:43 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:Nice purchase, that's a great looking bar, I've just bought a cheap plastic protective case off Aliexpress and cut out the foam only yesterday to take 10 ounce bars, the idea is now to fill it over time.

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 4IQZiEM

Looks like a sweet Britannia in your case. No doubt, the foam cut outs will be an inspiration to fill them up.Cool  Now that I know you like precious metals and watches as hobbies, my guess that you are into automobiles is another hobby of yours.

The Cat's Mother wrote:Very nice  @Periodic Table  - it looks to come with it's own gift bow. Don't let your sister see it, she'll be having another birthday next year.  2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 1f63d  2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 1f63d

No way this designer bar will be a gift. I'm not gonna do it... Nah gah da! Very Happy
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:13 pm
[quote=Looks like a sweet Britannia in your case. No doubt, the foam cut outs will be an inspiration to fill them up.Cool  Now that I know you like precious metals and watches as hobbies, my guess that you are into automobiles is another hobby of yours..[/quote]

I thought the user name would have given the game away, it's the one I use on car forums.  My pride and joy was this 1981 MK1 Fiesta which I completely built myself, It went from a 1.6 Kent engine and 86 BHP to a 2.0 Zetec and 210 BHP.  Sadly a brake bias valve went one day and threw me off the road so the car is no more.

Here's some pics

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie XoNpDFE

Fully worked over 2.0 Zetec on Kawasaki ZX9R bike carbs.

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 9See1fm

Went all high tech on the interior as well with the digital conversion.

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie I1QN6Mr

Apologies for hijacking your thread but I take it you must be similarly minded.

AVG likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:40 pm
Boys will be boys! As long as you're both happy, but with the cars I can't even say it keeps you off the streets!
My car (black Corsa 1.4 hatchback runabout, totally uncool) goes in for its MOT and service on Monday. I can't wait for the lovely Darren to ring me and tell me what they've found this time.
My watch cost £9.50 on the local market. It keeps great time and I don't worry about it being damaged or stolen on holiday.
My silver is a fairly small collection, albeit with some rather nice pieces.
My opal and diamond jewellery, now. That's something else.
I also have expensive tastes in perfume, in case anyone is feeling generous at Christmas.  2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 1f639  2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 1f639  2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie 1f639

Rod Panhard likes this post

Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:54 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:I thought the user name would have given the game away, it's the one I use on car forums.  My pride and joy was this 1981 MK1 Fiesta which I completely built myself, It went from a 1.6 Kent engine and 86 BHP to a 2.0 Zetec and 210 BHP.  Sadly a brake bias valve went one day and threw me off the road so the car is no more. Here's some pics

That's such a beautiful Fiesta!Shocked I've never seen one as gorgeous as yours. The body design, silver paint, headlight treatment, black trim and those wheels. What a perfect match. Your build work on the engine upgrade and digital tech conversion is clean as Kleenex. Can't say enough. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Had you noticed any signs of rear wheel lockup prior?

I didn't know if your real name was Rod Panhard. But I do know what a Panhard rod is. That's why I took a guess that you are an automobile enthusiast. Yes, I had a 1970 Dodge Challenger for 12 years and was a member of two car clubs. All of us pitched in to improve the performance of our cars.
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:14 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
Rod Panhard wrote:I thought the user name would have given the game away, it's the one I use on car forums.  My pride and joy was this 1981 MK1 Fiesta which I completely built myself, It went from a 1.6 Kent engine and 86 BHP to a 2.0 Zetec and 210 BHP.  Sadly a brake bias valve went one day and threw me off the road so the car is no more. Here's some pics

That's such a beautiful Fiesta!Shocked I've never seen one as gorgeous as yours. The body design, silver paint, headlight treatment, black trim and those wheels. What a perfect match. Your build work on the engine upgrade and digital tech conversion is clean as Kleenex. Can't say enough. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Had you noticed any signs of rear wheel lockup prior?

I didn't know if your real name was Rod Panhard. But I do know what a Panhard rod is. That's why I took a guess that you are an automobile enthusiast. Yes, I had a 1970 Dodge Challenger for 12 years and was a member of two car clubs. All of us pitched in to improve the performance of our cars.

It was a combination of things that caught me out, the car lived in a barn and I got fed up with the battery being flat every time I wanted to take it out so I fitted a bigger (and heavier) battery, I had also just upgraded the brakes and fitted 4 pot calipers and I think I threw the corner weighting out and just never got the chance to get it redone. Each rear wheel had it's own inline bias valve to dial down the rear braking power as it only needs to do 10% of the braking and one of them just went one day. It's a very short stubby car with tiny 80's wheels on it so it's not suited to todays third world pothole ridden roads.

You must miss the Dodge, todays cars all look the same, fire up some pics I love US muscle cars.

Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:12 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:It was a combination of things that caught me out, the car lived  in a barn and I got fed up with the battery being flat every time I wanted to take it out so I fitted a bigger (and heavier) battery, I had also just upgraded the brakes and fitted 4 pot calipers and I think I threw the corner weighting out and just never got the chance to get it redone.  Each rear wheel had it's own inline bias valve to dial down the rear braking power as it only needs to do 10% of the braking and one of them just went one day.  It's a very short stubby car with tiny 80's wheels on it so it's not suited to todays third world pothole ridden roads.

You must miss the Dodge, todays cars all look the same, fire up some pics I love US muscle cars.

I copy you on parts giving up the ghost. When I left my car sitting, I'd have to pour a trickle of gas into the carb and choke it halfway with a stick to make it turn over. That was because there was no choke knob in the car. It was a green RT/SE Challenger automatic slap stick and it came with the 440 high performance engine. The SE added luxury features. A number of mild upgrades were done over time to reach low 13 second runs at the dragstrip. That elapsed time was par for the course with that setup.

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Challe10
2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Challe11
2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Challe12
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:53 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
Rod Panhard wrote:It was a combination of things that caught me out, the car lived  in a barn and I got fed up with the battery being flat every time I wanted to take it out so I fitted a bigger (and heavier) battery, I had also just upgraded the brakes and fitted 4 pot calipers and I think I threw the corner weighting out and just never got the chance to get it redone.  Each rear wheel had it's own inline bias valve to dial down the rear braking power as it only needs to do 10% of the braking and one of them just went one day.  It's a very short stubby car with tiny 80's wheels on it so it's not suited to todays third world pothole ridden roads.

I copy you on parts giving up the ghost. When I left my car sitting, I'd have to pour a trickle of gas into the carb and choke it halfway with a stick to make it turn over. That was because there was no choke knob in the car. It was a green RT/SE Challenger automatic slap stick and it came with the 440 high performance engine. The SE added luxury features. A number of mild upgrades were done over time to reach low 13 second runs at the dragstrip. That elapsed time was par for the course with that setup.

2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Challe10
2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Challe11
2023 Pressburg Mint 10 Oz Bar - The Bow Tie Challe12

Shes a beauty, thanks for putting up thr pics. Our gas prices in the UK mean I could never hope to run anything like this. I love working on cars but I've come to the conclusion that working and pouring money into something someone else can wipe out through no fault of your own is possibly not the best idea. I had hoped to avoid any forceable push into going electric through having a classic car but I don't even think this is going to work as an escape from the dystopian future heading our way where we all have to go backward and accept less. Now I drive a Hyundai Coupe as my daily, you call it a Tiburon in the US and from what I can gather it's regarded as a first car for kids in the US but I like it. I bought it for 3K 8 years ago and last year during the chip shortage I could still have got 3k back if I sold it but my plan is to try and hold onto it as it's been reliable and I know it's been well maintained.

The Cat's Mother likes this post

AVG

Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:34 pm
Guys
I like what I see but my speed days are over. The only one I had back in 1970 a 260Z new it was $3,000.00 which was a stick and I had to learn how to use it stalling six times trying to get out of the dealers lot. Many cars over all these years never own any of them
belonging to me all to the bank Smile .

The Cat's Mother and Rod Panhard like this post

Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:11 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:Shes a beauty, thanks for putting up the pics. Our gas prices in the UK mean I could never hope to run anything like this. I love working on cars but I've come to the conclusion that working and pouring money into something someone else can wipe out through no fault of your own is possibly not the best idea.  I had hoped to avoid any forceable push into going electric through having a classic car but I don't even think this is going to work as an escape from the dystopian future heading our way where we all have to go backward and accept less.  Now I drive a Hyundai Coupe as my daily, you call it a Tiburon in the US and from what I can gather it's regarded as a first car for kids in the US but I like it.  I bought it for 3K 8 years ago and last year during the chip shortage I could still have got 3k back if I sold it but my plan is to try and hold onto it as it's been reliable and I know it's been well maintained.

Pouring money into a bottomless pit was the reason I eventually sold my Challenger. As a retiree, I drive very little these days. And holding onto a vehicle is the way to go considering sticker shock and high interest rates.

AVG wrote:Guys
I like what I see but my speed days are over. The only one I had back in 1970 a 260Z new it was $3,000.00 which was a stick and I had to learn how to use it stalling six times trying to get out of the dealers lot. Many cars over all these years never own any of them
belonging to me all to the bank Smile .

Your Z had to be a lot of fun.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum