The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

2023 Aurora Borealis in Colour 1oz Silver Bullion Proof Coin Empty 2023 Aurora Borealis in Colour 1oz Silver Bullion Proof Coin

Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:37 pm
Aurora Borealis1oz Silver Bullion Proof Coin

The Cat's Mother, Rod Panhard and AVG like this post

2023 Aurora Borealis in Colour 1oz Silver Bullion Proof Coin Empty Re: 2023 Aurora Borealis in Colour 1oz Silver Bullion Proof Coin

Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:47 pm
The Aurora Australis image looks so much better than the Aurora Borealis example. I like the realistic green tint of the curtain-like Australis lights. My only zonk is that the boat could have had some ice on it. The color and shapes of Borealis are not realistic to me. The only prop I give is what appears to be a Raven. That bird does hang tough in very cold climates. Pass on both.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

2023 Aurora Borealis in Colour 1oz Silver Bullion Proof Coin Empty Re: 2023 Aurora Borealis in Colour 1oz Silver Bullion Proof Coin

Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:13 pm
I see what you mean about the lines Jon, they look as if the colour was applied in thick paint using a stiff brush. Such a shame, because it's a beautiful coin and I really like the background. I think you're right about the raven @Periodic Table , and that would also be a bit of a nod to Norse mythology.

Admin likes this post

Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:04 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I see what you mean about the lines Jon, they look as if the colour was applied in thick paint using a stiff brush. Such a shame, because it's a beautiful coin and I really like the background. I think you're right about the raven  @Periodic Table , and that would also be a bit of a nod to Norse mythology.

Kudos to Jon for picking up the paint job on those coins. Now I wonder what techniques were used on my colorized coins. And the decals Jon has talked about. Never heard of that before.

When I was stationed in Alaska, the raven was the only bird I saw during winter.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:46 am
Periodic Table wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:I see what you mean about the lines Jon, they look as if the colour was applied in thick paint using a stiff brush. Such a shame, because it's a beautiful coin and I really like the background. I think you're right about the raven  @Periodic Table , and that would also be a bit of a nod to Norse mythology.

Kudos to Jon for picking up the paint job on those coins. Now I wonder what techniques were used on my colorized coins. And the decals Jon has talked about. Never heard of that before.

When I was stationed in Alaska, the raven was the only bird I saw during winter.

I know it is a put off those lines.... And they show on the first Southern coin as well but not to the extent as this.

I looked hard and it is paint. ( enamel ) but argh. Firstly they go through a lot of precision work to ensure it is 100% lined up. Then this. yikes.

I am still buying mine... so it is here just waiting.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum