The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

2023 Proof Coin, Great Australian Desert Empty 2023 Proof Coin, Great Australian Desert

Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:45 pm
Just a beautiful coin,
What are your thoughts?

The Cat's Mother and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

2023 Proof Coin, Great Australian Desert Empty Re: 2023 Proof Coin, Great Australian Desert

Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:22 pm
Another one of those lovely, luscious Downies coins. Beautifully presented as always (although the black cloth is a dust - or in my case a cat hair - magnet, as you say). Just gorgeous.
The coin design is first rate (again, something that Downies have achieved on all their past coins) and the minting looks to be wonderful. You've seen it in hand  @Admin , and you know how colours change in photos, but it sounds to be very well done. Are you keeping it?  2023 Proof Coin, Great Australian Desert 1f63a

Admin likes this post

2023 Proof Coin, Great Australian Desert Empty Re: 2023 Proof Coin, Great Australian Desert

Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:58 pm
Except for the Vegas-like circled lettering, the coin is very attractive. As for the cloth, it might be silver cloth (Kenized) that protects silver from tarnishing. I bought silver cloth yesterday for an incoming 10 oz bar.

Excellent presentation as usual.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:14 pm
I think the cloth is intended to protect the box from scratches @Periodic Table . The box is very high gloss and could easily be damaged, and the cloth is cut to wrap around the box rather than to protect the coin directly. My Downies coins all have this wrapping.

Admin likes this post

Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:43 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I think the cloth is intended to protect the box from scratches  @Periodic Table . The box is very high gloss and could easily be damaged, and the cloth is cut to wrap around the box rather than to protect the coin directly. My Downies coins all have this wrapping.

Thanks for the heads up TCM. I like the custom cloth they provided for the Captain Cook coin box.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:51 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:I think the cloth is intended to protect the box from scratches  @Periodic Table . The box is very high gloss and could easily be damaged, and the cloth is cut to wrap around the box rather than to protect the coin directly. My Downies coins all have this wrapping.

Thanks for the heads up TCM. I like the custom cloth they provided for the Captain Cook coin box.

It's the same as the one on the Desert coin.

Admin likes this post

Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:12 pm
[quote="The Cat's Mother"

It's the same as the one on the Desert coin.[/quote]

Yup yup, I gathered that from Jon's videos.
tray
tray

Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:12 pm
Such a nice coin it really stands out.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:17 pm
Well as TCM stated the cloth covering is to protect the wooden box from scratches and marks. Something that is easily achieved if not handled properly.

As for keeping this one... I have a PILE of silver I still need to pay for... and a PILE that needs to be returned. So I have to weigh up what I want. I do like it and if I could afford to keep it I will... I have not committed yet for the decision.

Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:00 pm
Admin wrote:Well as TCM stated the cloth covering is to protect the wooden box from scratches and marks. Something that is easily achieved if not handled properly.

As for keeping this one... I have a PILE of silver I still need to pay for... and a PILE that needs to be returned. So I have to weigh up what I want. I do like it and if I could afford to keep it I will... I have not committed yet for the decision.

Priorities priorities priorities. There's so much out there that funds hold me back. I know your control tower is busy when these coins come and go.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:11 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
Admin wrote:Well as TCM stated the cloth covering is to protect the wooden box from scratches and marks. Something that is easily achieved if not handled properly.

Priorities priorities priorities. There's so much out there that funds hold me back. I know your control tower is busy when these coins come and go.

I have 3 areas .

1 is to do ... ie make a video of.

2 is to pay for.

3 is to return to Martin.

And I hate the 3rd tower because I keep looking at it and the contents and thinking hmmm

The Cat's Mother likes this post

Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:39 pm
Admin wrote:

I have 3 areas .

1 is to do ... ie make a video of.

2 is to pay for.

3 is to return to Martin.

And I hate the 3rd tower because I keep looking at it and the contents and thinking hmmm

Well, two outta three ain't bad.

Tower to pilot... Standby at Jon's Logistics Building. He wants to board the plane and look at those coins before departure.

Pilot to tower... Copy that tower.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum