The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

2023 Azure Kingfisher Proof Empty 2023 Azure Kingfisher Proof

Fri May 05, 2023 1:00 pm
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

2023 Azure Kingfisher Proof Empty Re: 2023 Azure Kingfisher Proof

Fri May 05, 2023 1:52 pm
Great video Jon, and such a lovely coin. I was one of the lucky ones and swooped on it as soon as I saw it in Martin's shop. He also has it at an absolute bargain price, if you look at other dealers. I'm very pleased to have got it.  2023 Azure Kingfisher Proof 1f63b  
You're right about the camera not doing it justice, the colours sing in hand, and the selective colouring is wonderful. If I was being even more pretentious than usual, I would comment that the depiction of the water is very similar to Hokusai's Great Wave - but I won't.
It's odd, but I have never been a fan of coloured coins (although my real hate objects are coins with bits of gemstone and other material stuck on them, and those copper-cored beasties), but of late there are the Perth Mint Lunars; this little beauty and the very similar Eastern Rosella. The coloured versions of the Congo Prehistoric Life aren't exactly horrid either. Perhaps I'm getting old (don't you dare comment  @Admin ).
PS The motto isn't Latin, it's Niuean.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Fri May 05, 2023 9:13 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Great video Jon, and such a lovely coin. I was one of the lucky ones and swooped on it as soon as I saw it in Martin's shop. He also has it at an absolute bargain price, if you look at other dealers. I'm very pleased to have got it.  2023 Azure Kingfisher Proof 1f63b  
You're right about the camera not doing it justice, the colours sing in hand, and the selective colouring is wonderful. If I was being even more pretentious than usual, I would comment that the depiction of the water is very similar to Hokusai's Great Wave - but I won't.
It's odd, but I have never been a fan of coloured coins (although my real hate objects are coins with bits of gemstone and other material stuck on them, and those copper-cored beasties), but of late there are the Perth Mint Lunars; this little beauty and the very similar Eastern Rosella. The coloured versions of the Congo Prehistoric Life aren't exactly horrid either. Perhaps I'm getting old (don't you dare comment  @Admin ).
PS The motto isn't Latin, it's Niuean.

let me get this right... I can not comment on your age. YET you have the cheek to pick on the Latin/Niuean bit.

Hmmm perhaps the Latin bit could have been in your paragraph earlier before I reveal that Tv's were not invented amongst readily available electricity and or indoor toilets when you were a wee lass. But I would never say that. Razz
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri May 05, 2023 9:41 pm
Cheeky beast!  2023 Azure Kingfisher Proof 1f63c  My comment about the motto was educational, whereas your comments about age are purely pejorative. I can also assure you, sonny, that TVs, electricity and indoor toilets were very much a thing in my childhood. We also had books - not all of which were in Latin - which is where I learned to read and spell. Clearly you weren't so blessed.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum