The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Year dates on American Silver coins and British Silver Empty Year dates on American Silver coins and British Silver

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:04 am
Does anyone have links or information about what is Silver and what is not.

I am looking to find out the following.

What years are USA Quarters Silver and what percentage.

What years were Silver in British Coins.

Are Nickels silver,

This type of information would be very helpful.

@Jeepingjohn

Fortune8 likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Year dates on American Silver coins and British Silver Empty Re: Year dates on American Silver coins and British Silver

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:40 pm
Hello
This link might be a useful starting point.
TCM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_coin

Admin and AceBullion like this post

YooperGirl
YooperGirl

Year dates on American Silver coins and British Silver Empty Re: Year dates on American Silver coins and British Silver

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:15 pm
IMHO, Wikipedia is not usually a good place to do research from. However, you can scroll down to the reference section and pull from there, but with people being allowed to just edit as they see fit, take everything with a grain of salt to start with.

Admin likes this post

YooperGirl
YooperGirl

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:20 pm
Admin wrote:Does anyone have links or information about what is Silver and what is not.

I am looking to find out the following.

What years are USA Quarters Silver and what percentage.

What years were Silver in British Coins.

Are Nickels silver,

This type of information would be very helpful.

@Jeepingjohn

For quarters your looking at anything pre-1965, so 1964 and before, they were all 90%, same with dimes and half dollars. Half dollar were also 40% silver from 1965-1970.

Nickels were only silver during WWII, we call them war nicks. They had a 35% nickel content from 1942-1945. You can tell which ones these are because they have a large mint mark on the reverse above Monticello.

As for British coins, I would have to do some more homework on those but Google is a good starting place.

Hope this helps!!

Admin and ANT ORTA like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:41 pm
Hi. I wouldn't necessarily say that Wikipedia was 100% accurate in all cases. However, the entry referred to reflects your post exactly, so it was a good starting point after all.

Admin likes this post

YooperGirl
YooperGirl

Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:24 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi. I wouldn't necessarily say that Wikipedia was 100% accurate in all cases. However, the entry referred to reflects your post exactly, so it was a good starting point after all.
Never said it wasn't a good starting point, just to be wary of the information you get off of there and use the reference section of said post in Wikipedia.

Admin and ANT ORTA like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:32 pm
I think you both are saying the same thing.

But it was good to hear the pit falls of Wiki.

I would buy a book or two or three, LOL but they are so expensive over here.

YooperGirl and ANT ORTA like this post

YooperGirl
YooperGirl

Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:38 pm
Have one of us send you a Red Book for US coins. It's got lots of good info. Just don't use it for pricing things. Its not up to date with current market.

AceBullion and ANT ORTA like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:27 pm
What a kind offer, but we can always just ask on here. I know when Jeeps and Johnny Ray and Mr Durbin are on here. But none posted yet.
They and yourself have a weath of experience and knowledge
Right off to sleep.

ANT ORTA likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum