The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

The American Silver Eagle Thread Empty The American Silver Eagle Thread

Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:04 pm
A general discussion thread for American Silver Eagles Smile

The American Silver Eagle Thread Empty Re: The American Silver Eagle Thread

Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:08 pm
I got my first one ever today, I'm very pleased - I've always wanted one!

At least - I think it's an Eagle! I've heard lots about Walking Libertys and Eagles. This one (2020) seems to have both - one on each of the obverse and reverse scratch

I also need a cap for it if anyone has a spare?
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:57 pm
kimchi wrote:I got my first one ever today, I'm very pleased - I've always wanted one!

At least - I think it's an Eagle! I've heard lots about Walking Libertys and Eagles. This one (2020) seems to have both - one on each of the obverse and reverse scratch

@kimchi They are really fantastic coins, I love them. Have you used the ping app to test it? I have some spare capsules, how many would you like?

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:22 am
ArcaneCollector wrote:
kimchi wrote:I got my first one ever today, I'm very pleased - I've always wanted one!

@kimchi They are really fantastic coins, I love them. Have you used the ping app to test it? I have some spare capsules, how many would you like?
PLEASE PLEASE tell me your joking with the ping app test...  please.... 

Mad Mad Mad Mad
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:03 am
Admin wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:

Mad Mad Mad Mad

@Admin I am not kidding. It actually worked. I thought a Koala I bought was a bit off. I tried the ping app both the Android and IOS ones. And BOTH said it was unidentified, whilst all my coins bought from Bullion dealers were correctly identified. After some research I confirmed it was a fake. Try it and see for yourself, they are free. CoinTester on IOS and Pingcoin on Android.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:28 am
ArcaneCollector wrote:
Admin wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:

Mad Mad Mad Mad

@Admin I am not kidding. It actually worked. I thought a Koala I bought was a bit off. I tried the ping app both the Android and IOS ones. And BOTH said it was unidentified, whilst all my coins bought from Bullion dealers were correctly identified. After some research I confirmed it was a fake. Try it and see for yourself, they are free. CoinTester on IOS and Pingcoin on Android.

I will, I have plenty of FAKES as your aware of.. But sonic testing with any computer, be it a android etc... I have read so many conflicting information I will download it and do a review of exactly what I find. I am eager to find out how many times I can fool it. I am sure it will easily fail, but I am going to try .. YES TRY to remain open minded....     Suspect

ArcaneCollector likes this post

Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:57 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:@kimchi They are really fantastic coins, I love them. Have you used the ping app to test it? I have some spare capsules, how many would you like?

I trust the source so no I haven't - that is not good practice of course, I am just a lazy bad example LOL. I would of course test before selling if I ever did. It looks fine and passes the magnet test Smile

They really are lovely coins. I love US coinage, it's very cool - just the One Dollar on it alone makes it special for me, but on top of that the design is fantastic for basic bullion - puts a Brit to shame imo!

Many thanks, very kind of you Smile I only need the one cap but have realised I may have some if they are the same size as Brits etc?
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:37 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:@kimchi They are really fantastic coins, I love them. Have you used the ping app to test it? I have some spare capsules, how many would you like?

I trust the source so no I haven't - that is not good practice of course, I am just a lazy bad example LOL. I would of course test before selling if I ever did. It looks fine and passes the magnet test Smile

They really are lovely coins. I love US coinage, it's very cool - just the One Dollar on it alone makes it special for me, but on top of that the design is fantastic for basic bullion - puts a Brit to shame imo!

Many thanks, very kind of you Smile I only need the one cap but have realised I may have some if they are the same size as Brits etc?

@kimchi ASE is 41mm whilst the Brit is 39mm, but it depends on the size of the cap. Some rattle around as the cap is slightly too big. You might be able to swap some coins and caps and find one the right size. Just shout if you have no luck.

Admin likes this post

Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:53 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:@kimchi ASE is 41mm whilst the Brit is 39mm, but it depends on the size of the cap. Some rattle around as the cap is slightly too big. You might be able to swap some coins and caps and find one the right size. Just shout if you have no luck.

Many thanks my friend! Well you are very well prepared indeed for a newish collector/stacker! I have OCD it must be the exact right size cap LOL. I probably don't have one if the ASE is different from the 'usuals' (Kooks, Brits, etc). I'll take a look and let you know, thanks again Smile

I've had an interesting day reading up on American coinage. It's fascinating, but it's complicated. I hope the US will one day stop with their silly rules about vaccination status, and I'll be able to visit that incredible country and see how the currency is used daily Smile

I understand what the Walking Libertys are now, among other things like the Barbers, Franklins etc. Such a rich history of coins that again I feel puts ours to shame (since the Sovereign etc left circulation in the UK).

I must say that the ASE is an absolute design classic. I can't believe they changed it (when they issued both styles in 2021, I believe). I really don't like the new one (sorry)!
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:58 pm
@kimchi I agree. If you have an opportunity to redesign the Eagle from scratch, then why cut out half of its wing? It doesn’t look well thought out. Soon you’ll need a monkeypox vaccine to enter the US. Or just set up a direct debit to Pfizer.

Admin likes this post

Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:10 pm
@ArcaneCollector it just seems unnecessary to me, it's not even the wing that bothers me, I just don't like them changing the reverse from what looks to me like an utter design classic, with such history behind it!!!

Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:56 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:

Hello my friend, hope you are well Smile

I will need one capsule after all. The problem is, I've (for now) lost the coin!

If I covered all costs would you mind just sending the one cap? No problem at all if it's too much hassle Smile
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:59 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:

Hello my friend, hope you are well Smile

I will need one capsule after all. The problem is, I've (for now) lost the coin!

If I covered all costs would you mind just sending the one cap? No problem at all if it's too much hassle Smile

Of course you can have a cap or 2 or 3. And I can afford the postage! tongue
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum