The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Is the Quality of the Bullion coins by the RM acceptable?

0 - 0%
12 - 100%

Total Votes: 12
+6
denby
AceBullion
tray
calicocutpants
21C Bullion
Faiz
10 posters

Poll closed
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Lets Talk about The Royal Mint. Empty Lets Talk about The Royal Mint.

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:23 pm
How many people believe that the mint is not doing enough to ensure that premium bullion coins or rounds are being treated the way they should?

I have been reviewing a lot of coins over the years and in my opinion it just seems they are falling behind other mint. 

I am being careful to choose my words carefully here. As I do not want to be slanderous or come across that in any way. But Little John was a shocking and appalling coin in my view. 

What do you think?

Please leave your comments down below but be respectful.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total

denby likes this post

Lets Talk about The Royal Mint. Empty Re: Lets Talk about The Royal Mint.

Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:56 pm
Yes I totally agree Jon.. I do not think they set a good standard. As well as the quality I have had different issues with them. Could not pay via my 'wallet', shoddy packaging, bullion out of stock, because it already sold to Europe and U.S. I haven't purchased from them in over a year and probably won't in the foreseeable future.. the Little John is as bad as the Maid Marian.. Both awful designs.
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:32 pm
mervs68 wrote:Yes I totally agree Jon.. I do not think they set a good standard. As well as the quality I have had different issues with them. Could not pay via my 'wallet', shoddy packaging, bullion out of stock, because it already sold to Europe and U.S. I haven't purchased from them in over a year and probably won't in the foreseeable future.. the Little John is as bad as the Maid Marian.. Both awful designs.
Oh gosh, I forgot about the Royal Mint wallet! I have nearly £100 in mine and you can not ( to the best of my knowledge) simply withdraw it into your bank account.  ANYONE know what to do?

calicocutpants likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:21 pm
@Admin , did you intend to have the poll lasting a year?

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://preciousmetalforum.forumotion.com

Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:09 am
The Cat's Mother wrote: @Admin , did you intend to have the poll lasting a year?
Yes I thought that after a year perhaps the Royal Mint might get their act together. I put 365 on the poll to ensure that it wont last forever but long enough for everyone to have their views. Especially with the Tudor and other coins to be released.

Faiz likes this post

Mcb2007
Mcb2007

Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:45 am
Robin Hood was bad enough then it went down hill from there . Need to get their shed in order I won’t buy anything off them again until they do.

Admin and AceBullion like this post

SilverTrader
SilverTrader
Sponsor
https://www.silvertrader.uk/

Wed May 04, 2022 4:54 pm
dinghy 1688 asked or mentioned that i should post my blog here about
The Royal Mint Quality Control has No Standards, A blog detailing the current state of the Royal Mint Quality Control Standards.

Admin, AceBullion and Faiz like this post

Wed May 04, 2022 8:01 pm
SilverTrader wrote:dinghy 1688 asked or mentioned that i should post my blog here about
The Royal Mint Quality Control has No Standards, A blog detailing the current state of the Royal Mint Quality Control Standards.

I thought that was a really fantastic blog piece, Martin, and was very surprised to hear the Mint have the use of/use US production centers at all. Many things I could mention here, but I suppose it at least explains their hook-up with NGC and certain US 'exclusives'. Shocking imvho.

Cheapest bullion only for the time being from me, and I've lost much interest in their collector stuff too, for similar reasons - I will see my modern proof Sov collection (usually the flagship) out until the first year of Charlie and then I'm done. Is how it looks like atm for me.

The stupid thing is, you just know there will be great coins and decent strikes (probably random) throughout all the rubbish they pump out. The mind boggles, really Sad
SilverTrader
SilverTrader
Sponsor
https://www.silvertrader.uk/

Sat May 07, 2022 7:51 pm
Thanks Kimchi ;-)
I've added an update on the bottom of the blog today
Had another response and sent my final response back lol
fun & Games

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat May 07, 2022 8:03 pm
Very interesting  @SilverTrader , particularly the timeline! Keep us updated, won't you - especially about the quality of the US sourced coins.  Lets Talk about The Royal Mint. 1f63a

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum